Protecting against Discrimination
- Colorado Bans Workplace Discrimination Based on Sexual Orientation: Religion Added to Characteristics Protected From Employment Discrimination. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2007 Q3, p1
The article reports on an amendment to Colorado's Anti-Discrimination Act (CADA) that will prohibit employers from discriminating on the basis of sexual orientation or religion. The term sexual orientation has been defined in the amendment. It states that Colorado will be the twentieth state to...
- New York Passes Law Protecting Gays, Lesbians. Robinson, Karyn-Siobhan // HR Magazine;Feb2003, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p34
Reports on the passage of a law in New York that prohibits discrimination based on sexual orientation in employment. Provisions of the Sexual Orientation Non Discrimination Act; Views on the law.
- New regs for discrimination at work. // Accountancy;Sep2003, Vol. 132 Issue 1321, p13
The article presents information on the implementation of new laws that will help to abate discrimination at work. The regulations, which will turn discrimination at work as an illegal trait on the grounds of religion, belief or sexual orientation will come into effect in the beginning of...
- Now, Congress must clarify ADEA. // Business Insurance;6/10/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 23, p8
Editorial. Focuses on the reactions of employers on the Age Discrimination in Employment Act in the U.S. Benefits intended to older retirees; Threat of age discrimination litigation on employers; Provision of equal benefits to younger and older retirees.
- THE WORLD: Governor sits on California rights bill. // Body Politic;Apr84, Issue 102, p23
Announces that the Senate and Assembly of the state of California have approved a measure to prohibit discrimination based on sexual orientation in private employment. Prospect of the bill's passage into law; Range of lobbying efforts surrounding the bill; Legislators opposing the bill.
- NATIONAL. // Just Out;8/20/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 20, p18
Reports on the Human Rights Campaign's adoption of a policy to only support the U.S. Employment Discrimination Act if it includes gender identity and expression and sexual orientation. Scope of protection against workplace discrimination offered by the legislation.
- PENNSYLVANIA. // Lesbian -- Gay Law Notes;Jan2012, p29
The article reports on the move by Susquehanna Township in Dauphin County, Pennsylvania to add sexual orientation and gender identity to an ordinance that bans discrimination in employment, housing and public accommodations.
- Exclusion, Progress, & a New Starting Point. Wilchins, Riki // Transgender Tapestry;Winter2007/2008, Issue 113, p52
The author comments on the passage of the Employment Non-Discrimination Act (ENDA), which excludes gender identity, in the U.S. Congress. He claims that the delineation between sexual orientation and gender identity causes conflict in the gay movement. He argues that the push to present a normal...
- Thanksgiving for ENDA. Carpenter, Dale // Bay Area Reporter;11/22/2007, Vol. 37 Issue 47, p11
The article focuses on the Employment Non-Discrimination Act (ENDA) in the U.S. The author expressed his gratitude to the legislators who passed a gay civil rights bill. He mentions the Labor Committee report that accompanied the bill which notes that ENDA forbids discrimination based on actual...