Information Governance: an Ethical Perspective
- Looking for Space. Padgett, Lauree // Information Today;Apr2004, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p40
Focuses on articles from 'Computers in Libraries, The CyberSkeptic's Guide, and Searcher' regarding the debate over how much access the government should have to personal information records. Details on where supposedly secure government information can be found online; Focus on how to find...
- Accessing U.S. federal government Websites. Eschenfelder, Kristin R.; Beachboard, John C. // Government Information Quarterly;1997, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p173
Outlines issues which affect federal Websites and give techniques which Website designers could use to enhance their designs of web-based information resources. Record of how much publications the government printing office processes in one year; Increased reliability on communication mediums;...
- CYBERSECURITY: Continued Attention Is Needed to Protect Federal Information Systems from Evolving Threats. Wilshusen, Gregory C. // GAO Reports;6/16/2010, preceding p1
The article presents the report provided by U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO) that depicts cyber threats to federal informations systems and cyber-based critical infrastructures. It describes risks, including the lost of federal payments, and the possible use of national security...
- Electronic business processes in government. McCrindell, James Q. // CMA Magazine;Dec92/Jan93, Vol. 66 Issue 10, p34
Introduces the adoption of electronic business processes within the Canadian federal government. Significance of transactions being transformed into an electronic form; Components of the federal government's strategy of enhancing service through the innovative use of information and technology;...
- Looking inside big brother. // Network World;01/26/98, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p6
Focuses on the United States and Local Gateway site launched by the federal government, which will allow users accessibility to federal resources. Features of the site; Address of the site.
- The Web site for the people who make the government work. // Government Executive;Feb98, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p10
Features the services offered by the Web site of `Government Executive' magazine to federal employees. Information about seminars, conferences and workshops; Schedules of important gatherings of federal managers and executives; Contact information.
- Office of governmentwide policy. // Practical Accountant;Apr99, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p16
Discusses the home page of the United States Office of Governmentwide Policy. Content; Features; Information of interest to accountants.
- what's new in the federal guide. // Community Banker;Sep2000, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p12
Provides updates on the federal guide in the United States. Information on the Joint Final Rule; Details on the Federal Housing Finance Board; Insights on the Federal Institutions Examination Council.
- Info super-buyway. Freeman, Laurie // Crain's Detroit Business;5/15/95, Vol. 11 Issue 20, p8
Reports that the federal government has begun designating companies as government-certified Value Added Networks (VAN)s charged with hooking businesses electronically to the government's databases. Number of VANs designated as of May 1995; Profile of Simplix, a VAN in Micigan. INSET: How a...