New policy for Fire Service response to remotely monitored fire alarms
- Long Island Hosts Successful False Alarm Symposium. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jul2005, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p27
The article informs that the Long Island Alarm Association (LIAA) held a False Alarm Symposium in May in Melville, New York. With a new Suffolk County alarm ordinance on the drawing board, the LIAA organized the event and invited police and fire officials from Nassau and Suffolk Counties. The...
- Guide for business aims to reduce false alarms. // Fire Safety Engineering;Jul2004, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p6
The British Fire Protection Systems Association (BFPSA) in conjunction with CPOA, has worked closely with the British Office of the Deputy Prime Minister (ODPM) on the development of a new guide that has recently been published by the ODPM. Entitled "A guide to reducing the number of false...
- Free Guide to Reducing False Alarms. // Fire Safety Engineering;Sep2004, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p46
The article presents information on a free guide to reduce false alarms. A new guide has been published by Great Britain's Office of the Deputy Prime Minister (ODPM) aimed at reducing the number of false alarms from automatic fire detection systems. The BFPSA, in conjunction with the Chief Fire...
- CFOA Targets False Alarms from AFD Systems. // Fire Safety Engineering;Nov2004, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p6
The article reports that the Chief Fire Officers Association (CFOA) is aiming to reduce the number of false alarms through automatic fire detection systems. The British Fire Protection Systems Association (BFPSA) has given its full support to this initiative. The CFOA launched a model agreement...
- Tougher false alarms policy arrives amid doubts on enforcement. // Fire Safety Engineering;Sep2008, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p7
The article reports on the launch of the Chief Fire Officers Association (CFOA) Policy for the Reduction of False and Unwanted Alarms in Great Britain. The policy was designed to combat false alarms from automatic fire systems. It is revised to address the introduction of the Regulatory Reform...
- Program Leads to Drop in False Alarms. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Oct2000, Vol. 30 Issue 13, p47
Reports the role of the Adopt-A-City program in lowering the rate of false fire alarms in Northern California. Percent reduction in false alarm incidence; Details of the program activities; Assistance afforded by the program to police departments.
- All Fired Up. Niemiec, Susan // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Apr2000, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p45
Presents an overview of fire alarm panel technologies. Conventional fire alarm systems; Wireless fire alarm systems; Intelligent fire alarm systems; Reduction of false alarms.
- False alarms policy: fudge or the future? Alalouff, Ron // Fire Safety Engineering;Sep2008, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p5
The author reflects on the impact of the Chief Fire Officers Association (CFOA) policy on false alarms in Great Britain. According to the author, the policy has raised two issues in the fire safety industry, including false alarms generated in premises and unwanted fire signals. Moreover, he...
- Fighting false alarms. David, Manuelita E. // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;Oct97, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p38
Discusses techniques and devices for preventing false fire alarms. Fire-alarm maintenance; Analog sensors; Air-sampling smoke-detection systems; Alarm-verification systems; Positive-alarm sequence programs; Proper application of alarm systems. INSET: Location is everything..