Jobs standstill due to combination of weaker demand for staff and limited supply of available workers
- Job slide spreads to hit high street. Phillips, Lucy // People Management;8/21/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 17, p7
The article reports on the spread of unemployment and recruitment slowdown to new sectors due to the worsening of Great Britain's economy. According to the Office for National Statistics (ONS), unemployment was up by 60,000 in the three months to June 2008. John Philpott of the Chartered...
- Public sector employment 2006: seasonally adjusted series and recent trends. Livesey, Donna; Machin, Andrew; Millard, Bryce; Walling, Annette // Labour Market Trends;Dec2006, Vol. 114 Issue 12, p419
The article provides an analysis of public sector employment (PSE) statistics and an update on progress on the continuing programme for their development being conducted by the British Office for National Statistics (ONS). It cites the major improvements to PSE estimates implemented by the ONS...
- Regularly published statistics. // Labour Market Trends;Mar2004 Supplement 3, Vol. 112, pS5
Presents a chart of labour market statistics in Great Britain from 2000 to 2004. Employment by category; Economic inactivity; Labour disputes; Retail prices; Vacancies by industry.
- Implementation of SIC 2007 across UK labour market statistics. // Economic & Labour Market Review;Oct2008, Vol. 2 Issue 10, p3
The article reports on the imminent implementation of the Standard Industrial Classification of Economic Activities (SIC) 2007 across all labour market statistics in Great Britain. The Office for National Statistics is finalizing plans for the implementation. The finalization phase involves the...
- The Vacancy Survey: a new series of National Statistics. Machin, Andrew // Labour Market Trends;Jul2003, Vol. 111 Issue 7, p349
Discusses the background to the development of Great Britain Office of National Statistics' enterprise-based survey of job vacancies, and reviews the survey results and their quality. Definition of vacancy as used in the vacancy survey; Comparison with Labor Force Survey data on job...
- ONS Vacancy Survey Triennial Review -- survey of users. // Economic & Labour Market Review;Oct2008, Vol. 2 Issue 10, p3
The article reports on the triennial review being conducted by the British Office for National Statistics (ONS) on the Monthly Vacancy Survey. The ONS is in need of users of vacancy statistics for its review. It notes that the triennial review is concerned with ensuring that the respondent...
- Employment data in context. Flowers, Allan // Labour Market Trends;Mar2005, Vol. 113 Issue 3, p107
Describes the process in which the British Office for National Statistics publishes a statistical picture each month using the Labour Force Survey. Basis of the labour market statistics framework; Discussion of labour market measures considered in each survey; Periodicity and timing of estimates.
- Labour market statistics quarterly update. // Labour Market Trends;Sep2003, Vol. 111 Issue 9, p435
Presents updates on developments taking place as part of the British Office of National Statistics' (ONS) work to improve labour market statistics as of August 2003. Jobs density indicator published by ONS; Improvements to the New Earnings Survey; Work undertaken by ONS to produce a quarterly...
- Sources of labour market statistics. // Labour Market Trends;Mar2004 Supplement 3, Vol. 112, pS2
Outlines various sources of labor market statistics in Great Britain. Labour Force Survey; Employer surveys; Administrative records; Data sources recommended by the Office of National Statistics for different types of analysis.