Award winning case studies
- Developing a Team-Based Organization. Winum, Paul C.; Seamons, Terry R. // Consulting Psychology Journal: Practice & Research;Winter2000, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p82
An approach to developing a team-based organization is presented and illustrated through a case study from the authors "consulting practice. A conceptual model for developing effective teams in an organizational setting is summarized. The application of that model is described in an organization...
- On Personal Networking. Barnier, Richard // Information Executive;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p8
Focuses on the role of professional association in improving professional and personal networking. Relationship with business associates; Offer of Association of Information Technology Professionals of personal and professional networking; Advantage of being a member of an association.
- MEETINGS. // Advocate;1/6/87, Issue 463, p67
Reports that the Couples/Long Beach-South Bay, a social/informational organization for people in a relationship, is celebrating its anniversary.
- Plots, Personnel, and Relationships: More on the Introduction of Narrative Ideas in Human Service Organizations and Other Systems. Juba, Dwight Steven // Contemporary Family Therapy: An International Journal;Jun1998, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p195
In a follow-up to Juba (1997), the author suggests how a direct service practitioner can use Gustafson's (1992, 1995) concept of plot to help introduce narrative ideas within human service organizations and other systems. A general procedure is described and the concept is used to help...
- Human Relations: These Approaches Can Succeed. Dirlam, Karen S.; Buchanan Jr., Roland L. // Educational Leadership;Oct74, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p22
Discusses various approaches to conduct human relation programs for improvement in human relations environment in educational institutions. Reference to the implementation of the programs in Madison Public Schools in Madison, Wisconsin. Techniques used in the dialogue-inquiry approach;...
- Q: Is it appropriate to develop friendships with members? // Association Management;Apr94, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p20
Answers an inquiry concerning the extent of friendly relations among members of an association. Response submitted by Hugh Webster of Webster, chamberlain and Bean of Washington, D.C.
- Who We Are. Skillman, Keith C. // Association Management;Feb2005, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p14
The article presents information on people who, while true to themselves, reinvent themselves or add meaningful layers. Great organizations and those that aspire to be great continually adapt and evolve as well. The author presents example of Jim Collins book "Good to Great." It details...
- Innovative website from HR specialist publisher. // Human Resources (09648380);May2008, p74
The article reviews the website that offers troubleshooting guides and international human resources agencies from Kogan Page.
- Rise and Shine. Whitmore, Jill // Toastmaster;Oct2010, Vol. 76 Issue 10, p24
The article describes the commitment level expected from members of the Yawn Patrol Club in Eugene, Oregon. More than the extraordinary loyalty and enthusiasm of its members, the club attributes its success to the culture structured on discipline and goal-setting combined with a caring...