- Texas' $1.1B Transportation Bonds Coming to Market After 6-Month Delay. Williamson, Richard // Bondbuyer.com;9/22/2014, p23
The article reports on the 1.1 billion dollars of Highway Improvement General Obligation Bonds that are expected to be sold by the Texas Transportation Commission in October 2014 after six months of postponement. Outlook from ratings analysts on the sustainability of outstanding net...
- S&P Places Colorado COP Deal, Lease Ratings on CreditWatch Negative. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/7/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31298, p40
Reports on the degrading of credit ratings of Colorado's planned issue of certificate of participation and outstanding lease ratings by rating agency Standard & Poor's Corp. as of January 7, 2002. Plans for the utilization of the sale's proceeds; Analysis of the change in the state's revenue...
- Looking for a Triple-A While Fixing Medicaid. Larkin, Gary // Bond Buyer;3/21/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32094, Special section p24
Focuses on the state of public finance in Vermont, led by Governor Jim Douglas. Revision of the state's general fund revenue forecasts for both fiscal 2005 and 2006; Percentage increase in inheritance and estate tax revenue; Top bond issuers and the state's spending priorities; Credit rating of...
- Highway Affirmation. Sigo, Selly // Bond Buyer;1/13/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32049, p27
The article reports that Fitch Ratings Inc. has affirmed its AAA rating on the US$112.5 million of outstanding state highway revenue refunding bonds, with maturities between 2003 and 2009.
- Greater Cleveland RTA Plans $35M; Moody's Gives Three-Notch Upgrade. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;2/5/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32808, p5
The article reports on the sale of $35 million of new-money, limited-tax general obligation bonds by the Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority in February 2008 in Ohio. Proceeds of the bond sale will help fund several capital improvement projects of the agency, including the $200 million...
- Louisiana OKs Plan to Refund $92M of East Baton Rouge ARS. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/24/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32841, p6
The article focuses on the approval of the East Baton Rouge Parish plan to refund $92.2 million of adjustable-rate revenue bonds issued in 2006 in Louisiana. The refunding would replace the Financial Guaranty Insurance Co. (FGIC) insurance policy with a letter of credit from Dexia Credit Local....
- City's bond rating in jeopardy. Zwilling, James // Inside Tucson Business;5/31/2004, Vol. 13 Issue 48, p1
Forecasts the decline of the existing bond rating of the city of Tucson, Arizona and its implications for economic development. Existing credit rating; Revenue from taxation; Implications for increased interest rates on bonds and increased budget deficit.
- HAWAII. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;2/24/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32326, p31
The article reports on the rating of the bonds of Hawaii by Moody's Investors Service and Standard & Poor's Corp. The state is planning a 350 million dollar general obligation bond sale for March 8, 2006. The new bonds has been given a Aa2 rating by Moody's with stable outlook. The favorable...
- Memphis Hit With a Triple Whammy as Ratings Cut by All 3 Agencies. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;6/1/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31895, p6
Reports on the decline of the rating of Memphis given by credit rating agencies in Tennesse. Amount of sanitary revenue bonds; Decrease of the credit to A2 from Aa2 by Moody's Investors Service; Focus on rebuilding reserves.