Bond Buyer Yield Indexes Fall Across the Board as long End Rallies
- Munis Up, ButStreet Is Wary Banner year undercut by gutting of former top players like Merrill. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/12/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 42, pN.PAG
Reports on the performance of municipal bonds in the U.S. bond market during the first nine months of the year 2001. Percentage increase in the municipal bonds in the duration; Position of general public finance sector of municipal bond market; Position of Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. in the...
- Merrill Lynch launches effort to get back California market. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;04/08/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30615, p1
Focuses on Merrill Lynch and Co.'s efforts to recapture share in California's bond market as of April 8, 1999. Appointment of Samuel Corliss as deputy director of municipal bonds; Decline in the company's share of the municipal bond market in the state.
- Munis Edge Higher on Strong Demand; Florida DOT Offers $300 Million Deal. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;7/8/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31921, p2
Reports that municipal bonds moved slightly higher amid continuous strong demand linked to seasonal reinvestment flows in the U.S. Failure of Treasuries to provide a definitive direction; Focus of the government bond market on the five-year auction; Deal won by Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc.
- CDOs Lose Buzz as Market Turns Turbulent. Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/30/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32703, p4
The article focuses on the cautious approach of investment firms while dealing with their collateralized debt obligation (CDO) products due to market slowdown. It is noted that Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. has closed its Non-Profit Preferred Funding Trust I due to market volatility. Firms are found...
- Underwriters Mostly Courting Institutions for Long-Term Deals. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/10/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32008, p1
Highlights the results of a report from Merrill Lynch & Co. about the municipal bond market in the United States. Shift in the structure of long-term municipal bond deals to favor institutional buyers; Retail demand for the second half of 2004; Example of how current deal structures differ from...
- Secondary prices flat to weak; California balance at $90 million. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;12/02/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30779, p2
Reports on the activity of the municipal bond market in the United States on December 1, 1999. Merrill Lynch & Co.'s winning of the competitive bidding for California's general obligation bonds; Bear, Stearns & Co.'s tentative pricing of New Jersey Highway Authority senior parkway revenue and...
- Bond Yields Rise Five Basis Points; Florida Board of Ed Refunds $407M. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;4/3/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31607, p2
Municipal bond yields rose five basis points and more in spots on April 2, 2003, while issuers brought to market more than $1 billion in new loans, led by a $407 million Florida State Board of Education refunding deal. In the competitive sector of the new-issue market, Merrill Lynch& Co. bought...
- Market Statistics. // Bond Buyer;7/23/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32924, p21
Several charts are presented depicting bond performance in the U.S. including market indicators, municipal market data general obligation yields and Merrill Lynch & Co. corporate bond indexes.
- Municipal Bonds Pare Early Losses As Weak Stocks Overshadow CPI. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;4/21/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32116, p2
Reports on the ability of municipal bond market to pare most of its early losses to finish unchanged or a touch easier in sympathy with Treasuries as weaker equities overshadowed the negative impact of stronger-than-expected consumer price data. Rise of the consumer price index according to the...