Bonds Maturing After 10 Years Fall Between Two to Four Basis Points
- Muni Prices Firm 1/8 to 1/4 Point, Giving Support to New-Issue Deals. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;2/15/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31326, p2
Reports on the support of municipal bond prices to price gains of U.S. Treasury Department. Action taken by the Federal Reserve bank regarding monetary policy; Improvement in the labor market and decrement in the job claims; Focus of Treasury department on the distribution of unsold...
- Municipals Firm; $245 Million of Missouri Highway Bonds Price. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;11/13/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31761, p2
Reports on the road bond deal of Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission. Implication of the successful five-year U.S. Department of Treasury's note auction for the government securities; Analysis of the initial jobless claims data; Expectation for a bounceback in initial jobless claims.
- Wednesday's Market: Municipal Prices Finish Higher As Treasuries Gain on ISM Data. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;4/4/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31538, p2
Reports that investors had bought municipal bonds in the secondary and new-issue markets in the U.S. Persuasion from the Department of the Treasury for bond improvements; Recovery of the national economy; Decline of the non-manufacturing service index.
- Prices Off; 'January Effect' May Have Arrived Early. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;12/6/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32272, p2
The article discusses the reluctance of traders to bid for bonds due to U.S. Treasury losses and heaviness in tax-exemptions. Traders have estimated that municipal bond yields increased in two or three basis points. Prices also fell in trading. The Treasury Department plans to sell five-year and...
- Munis Little Changed; Treasury Refunding Disappoints. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;2/8/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32315, p2
The article reports on the performance of municipal bonds in the U.S. as of February 7, 2006. The largest deals include a multimillion dollar offering from the Los Angeles School District. Investors have a positive outlook towards the U.S. Department of the Treasury's bond market. However, the...
- Tepid Demand and Light Trading Close Shortened Thanksgiving Week. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;12/1/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31771, p2
Reports on the impact of the Thanksgiving holiday on the bond market in the U.S. Decline of municipal bond prices; Auction of the multi-billion two-year notes by the Department of Treasury; Rise on the cash bond yield in the municipal market. INSET: MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, December 1.
- Treasury Statement Sends Long-Terms Tumbling, But Market Finds Its Footing. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;5/5/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32126, p2
The article reports that the U.S. Dept. of the Treasury set the tone for the municipal bond market when it announced it might resume issuing 30-year bonds in 2006. The unexpected news sent long Treasuries tumbling, but the market found its footing, allowing tax-exempts to finish just a touch...
- Muni Bond Indexes Weaken. Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;8/24/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34365, p1
The weekly average yield to maturity of The Bond Buyer Municipal Bond Index, which is based on 40 long-term bond prices, was three basis points higher to 4.40% for the week ended Aug. 30 from 4.37% in the previous week.
- Treasury 5-Year Notes Go at 1.463% High Yield. // Bond Buyer;8/27/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34368, p1
The Treasury Department auctioned $35 billion of five-year notes, with a 1 3/8% coupon, a 1.463% high yield, a price of 99.577196.