Retail Sales Up 1.2%; Ex-Autos Gain 0.3%
- Retail Sales Slip, But Rise Ex-Autos. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;2/13/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31821, p2
Reports on the decline in the sales of U.S. retailers according to the data by the U.S. Commerce Department. Factors affecting the sales of retailers; Forecast from the IFR BondData America's poll that sales would increase with the exclusion of automobiles.
- Retail Sales Climb; Unchanged, Ex-Autos. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;3/12/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31840, p2
Highlights the sales growth experienced by the U.S. retail sector in February 2004. Data released by the U.S. Department of Commerce; Survey of economists conducted by IFR BondData America.
- Existing Home Sales Down 2.7% to 7.09M. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;11/29/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32267, p2
The article reports on the decline of existing home sales level for the month of October, according to National Association of Realtors in the U.S. The decline reached up to 2.7 percent at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 7.09 million units, which fall below the projected rate of 7.20...
- Consumer Sentiment Dipped in February. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;2/22/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32075, p2
The article reports that the University of Michigan's preliminary February 2005 consumer sentiment index reading was 94.2, compared to the final January 95.5 reading, the final December 97.1, and the 92.8 in November. Economists polled by IFR BondData Americas had predicted a 95.5 reading for...
- Existing Home Sales Dip to 7.16M in July. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;8/24/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32203, p2
Reports on the decline in existing home sales in July 2005, according to the National Association of Realtors in the U.S. Sales rate projected by IFR BondData America's poll of economists; Average 30-year mortgage rate during the period; Median existing-home price for all housing types.
- March New Home Sales Rise to Record Rate. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;4/27/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31871, p2
Reports on the increase in the sales of new, single-family homes according to data released by the U.S. Commerce Department. Sales projected by IFR BondData America's poll of economists; Supply of homes at the current sales rate; Decline in the unadjusted median price.
- N. Y. Fed: Empire State Index Plunges in August. // Bond Buyer;8/17/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31949, p2
Reports that New York's General Business Coalition Index plunged to 12.6 in August 2004 from a revised 35.8 in July, according to the Federal Reserve Bank of New York's Empire State Manufacturing Survey. Prediction of the index by economists polled by IFR BondData America; Assessment of the New...
- Jobless Claims Up 14,000 to 353,000. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;1/9/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31797, p2
Reports on the increase in first-time applications for state unemployment benefits in Washington. Claims predicted by IFR BondData America's poll of economists; Comparison of the data with the previous figures; Seasonally adjusted unemployment rate.
- METHODOLOGY. // Retail Trade;Feb2001, Vol. 73 Issue 2, p58
Discusses the methodology of the 'Monthly Retail Trade Survey,' which explores the retail sales in Canada. Selection of sample for the survey; Statistical methods used in the survey; Techniques in retail sales estimation.