Pay-to-Play Case Nets Guilty Plea
- Municipals Weaken in the Wake Of 'Sloppy' $14B Treasury Auction. Curran, Bill; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;2/11/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32069, p2
Reports on the status of municipal bonds for the February 10, 2005 bond trading in the U.S. Impact of the U.S. Department of the Treasury auction on the prices of bonds; Gains of J.P. Morgan Securities Inc. during the trading; Performance of the Treasury and tax-exempt market.
- LeCroy to Plead Guilty To Wire Fraud. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;1/18/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32051, p1
Reports on the guilty plea of J.P. Morgan Securities Inc.'s former managing director Charles LeCroy in the U.S. District Court to two counts of wire fraud in connection with Philadelphia play-to-play investigation. Arrangement of payment to bond lawyer Ronald White for work White did not...
- Municipals Firm, Trading Moderate; $175 Million of Ohio GOs Repriced. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;10/29/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31501, p2
Reports developments on the bond market in the U.S. as of October 2002. Trading status of municipal bonds; Reduction in equities; Reprice of Ohio higher education general obligation bonds by J.P. Morgan Securities Inc.
- Houston Hospital Puts Final Touches on Revenue Bond Sale. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/11/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31178, p32
Reports on J.P. Morgan Securities and Houston, Texas-based Saint Luke's Episcopal Hospital's plan to finalize the details of a tax-exempt revenue bond issue on July 2001. Plans to use the proceeds from the negotiated sale to finance the construction of a community hospital; Rating of the deal...
- Snell Sentenced To House Arrest. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;6/10/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32151, p2
Reports on the three years probation and 90 days house arrest without electronic monitoring by Anthony Snell, a former investment banker with J.P. Morgan Securities Inc. in the U.S.
- A JPM Securities Director to Admit Fraud. // American Banker;1/18/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 11, p18
States Charles LeCroy, former executive at one of the J.P. Morgan Securities Inc. offices, will plead guilty to two counts of wire fraud. Background on the investigation by the U.S. Attorney's Office in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania; Indication that Anthony Snell was also charged with fraud.
- Ex-J.P. Morgan Executives Plead Not Guilty. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;7/8/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31921, p4
Reports that former J.P. Morgan Securities Inc. executives Charles LeCroy and Anthony Snell pleaded not guilty to federal charges in connection with a pay-to-play investigation at their arraignment in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Maximum sentences faced for charges of wire fraud; Lawyers of...
- Museum Deal Showcases J.P. Morgan's Artistic Interests. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;10/06/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30991, p4
Reports that J.P. Morgan Securities Inc. underwrote a revenue bond offering by the Museum of American Folk Art through the Trust for Cultural Resources of the City of New York. Use of the proceeds of the Folk Art bond sale; Net value of the bond offering.
- Munis Firm, Treasuries Rise; $668M Georgia GO Deal Leads. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;8/4/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31940, p2
Provides an overview of the United States bond market on August 3, 2004. Strengthening of municipal bonds; General obligation (GO) bonds sold by Georgia; Treasuries trading; New-issue market; Georgia GO bonds bought by J.P. Morgan Securities Inc.