Georgia's $1B Bond Plan
- Georgia Bans May Require DOT Money. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;9/4/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31461, p1
Reports the plans of director Bill Tomlison to use the funds of the Department of Transportation in Georgia. Default on the bond anticipation notes issued by the Georgia Road and Tollway Authority; Lawsuit filed against the bond sale by the Northern Arc Task Force; Statement regarding the...
- Georgia Unveils Funding Plan. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;4/26/2004, Vol. 252 Issue 17, p7
Georgia Governor Sonny Perdue announced a $15.5-billion state transportation plan that will compress a previous 18-year plan into a six-year period. The plan includes $3 billion in federally funded GARVEE bonds, $1.5 billion in general obligation and general revenue bonds and $11 billion in...
- Georgia. // Governing;Mar2008, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p48
The article analyzes the performance of fundamental areas of government management in the state of Georgia as of March 2008. Based on employee satisfaction surveys, the state is overhauling its compensation and benefits packages by connecting pay to performance and increasing salaries for new...
- Hawaii Capital Plan Includes Nearly $1B in Improvements. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;12/29/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32288, p3
The article reports that a fiscal 2007 supplemental budget and financial plan calling for nearly $1 billion in capital improvements was submitted by Hawaii Governor Linda Lingle. The capital improvements which include upgrades to the state's harbor, highways and airports will be funded by $264...
- Georgia Governor Seeks $44.6B Budget for Fiscal 2016. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;1/20/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34244, p1
Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal has proposed a $44.6 billion budget for fiscal year 2016, which is a 3.15% increase over the current spending plan.
- CE QUIZ JUNE 13. // Financial Planning;Jun2013, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p120
A quiz concerning the finance related topics including financial planning, bonds and disclosure forms is presented.
- What advisers are saying. Wickenden, Phil // Money Marketing;4/25/2013, p59
The article discusses the presence of an element of historic acceptance to the offshore bond being the offshore product of choice and downplays the importance of offshore funds in the financial planning process.
- Untitled. Wickenden, Phil // Money Marketing;5/16/2013, p55
The author offers his views on the inclusion of onshore bonds in financial planning and whether the Retail Distribution Review (RDR) should influence the suitability or otherwise of bonds.
- Bonds with benefits. Bird, Greg // Money (Australia Edition);Oct2015, Issue 183, p65
The article discusses the benefits of investment bonds in Australia and mentions topics including wealth transfer between generations, the estate planning feature of modern bonds, and the suitability of such bonds for people who have a child who needs medical help for his/her entire life.