- Rule 144 (US). // International Dictionary of Finance, 4th Edition;2003, p234
Information on the Rule 144 is presented. It refers to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission regulation affecting sales of stocks by controlling shareholders and holders of restricted stock.
- INSIDER TRADES. // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/24/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 33, p38
Presents companies purchasing and selling stocks that have been reported to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Market Insider. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);11/3/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 19, p20
Presents the chart depicting the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission filings of companies in Louisiana.
- Smaller firms hail loosened regulations. Theis, Laura // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);12/7/2007, Vol. 54 Issue 64, p7A
The article reports that the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission has voted unanimously to adopt changes to Rule 144, which governs the holding and selling of restricted company securities. The author discusses the impact of the changes to Rule 144 on small public firms. According to the...
- Other People's Money. Flynn, John T. // New Republic;4/24/35, Vol. 82 Issue 1064, p311
Focuses on the protest made by Leonor F. Loree, vice president of Pennsylvania railroad, against the Securities and Exchange Commission on the salaries paid to the officers and managers of the Delaware and Hudson Co. Information that there are 515,000 shares of stocks in the Delaware and Hudson...
- The Value of the SEC's Accounting Disclosure Requirements. Benston, George J. // Accounting Review;Jul69, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p515
The Securities Exchange Act of 1934 are aptly referred to as "disdosure" statutes. This early, major New Deal legislation was enacted in the aftermath of the stock market "crash" of 1929 and in the depths of the Great Depression, as a remedy to the faults that many believed characterized the...
- FINANCINGS ROUNDUP. // BioWorld Today;12/1/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 232, p7
This section offers news briefs on financing of biotechnology firms. Arena Pharmaceuticals Inc. filed a registration statement with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to be able to sell up to 25 million shares of common stock. Helix BioPharma Corp. filed a Form 20-F registration...
- A Short Sale Pilot Program. // Traders Magazine;Jun2004, Vol. 17 Issue 226, p12
Focuses on the support expressed by the U.S. Securities and Exchange (SEC) towards the 12-month pilot program that would test a proposed short-sale rule reform plan in the stock market. Types of stocks exempted from the said plan; Number of comment letters received by SEC on the short sale rule...
- Notices: SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION. // Federal Register;11/14/2013, Vol. 78 Issue 220, p68488
The article offers information on several notices issued by the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC) on its proposed rule change that addresses wash sales in order to harmonize the exchange's rules with the rules of New York Stock Exchange. SEC made statements concerning the purpose of...