- WHO'S HOT. // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/17/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 20, p34
Presents tables ranking brokerage stocks and bank stocks by performance in the United States. Wells Fargo; Bank of America; Keycorp; Wachovia; HSBC Holdings; Credit Suisse Group; Bank of New York; Citigroup; JP Morgan Chase; Bank One; UBS; Deutsche Bank; Sanders Morris Harris Group; Morgan...
- WHO'S HOT. // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/8/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 10, p35
Ranks the performance of brokerage stocks of companies in the U.S. as of March 2004. Stifel Financial; Ameritrade; Friedman Billings Ramsey; Jefferies Group.
- Shares of Friedman Billings soar 22%, outpacing market. Padgett, Tania // American Banker;11/9/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 215, p40
Reports on the increase in share prices for Friedman Billings Ramsey & Co.' stocks. Merger speculation as a factor to the share increase; Prospective buyers for Friedman Billings; Trading pattern for Friedman Billing shares.
- Analyst Lowers Two Estimates. Cornwell, Ted // National Mortgage News;12/10/2007, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p12
The article reports on the analysts at Friedman Billings Ramsey Group Inc. (FBR) who lowers down their price target on Franklin Bank Corp. and Flagstar Bancorp Inc., due to reports of higher credit costs of the banks in Arlington, Virginia. According to the author, FBR brought down its earnings...
- Brokerage stocks ranked by performance. // Investment Dealers' Digest;9/15/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 35, p36
Lists the top performing brokerage and bank stocks as of September 10, 2003. Stifel Financial; Goldman Sachs; A G Edwards; Deutche Bank; Bank of America; Credit Suisse Group.
- BNY faces new pressure to sell local operations. Luhby, Tami // Crain's New York Business;06/21/99, Vol. 15 Issue 25, p4
Speculates on the Bank of New York Co.'s plan to sell its branch network and commercial lending division. New York City-based institution's long-range strategy to focus on more profitable and faster-growing fee businesses; Stock price as of June 18, 1999; Estimated earnings per share in 1999.
- WHO'S HOT. // Investment Dealers' Digest;2/21/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 7, p35
The article presents statistical information concerning rankings of brokerage stocks on performance basis. Some of the companies included are: Friedman Billings Ramsey, Charles Schwab Corp., Morgan Stanley & Co. Inc., AG Edwards, Raymond James, etc.
- Mixed Views of Countrywide. Berry, Kate // American Banker;10/30/2007, Vol. 172 Issue 209, p11
The article reports on the reaction of financial analysts to the financial statements of Countrywide Financial Corp. Paul Miller, an analyst at Friedman, Billings, Ramsey Group Inc., lowered his stock price target to $15 from $20, citing a weakened housing market and credit costs. Bradley Ball...
- WHO'S HOT. // Investment Dealers' Digest;8/20/2007, Vol. 73 Issue 33, p23
A list of brokerage stocks and bank stocks ranked according to performance is presented. Brokerage stocks include Stifel Financial, Oppenheimer Holdings, Southwest Securities, Raymond James, Sanders Morris Harris Group and Legg Mason. Bank Stocks include Bank of America, Wachovia, Credit Suisse...