Down to the Wire For AT&T Wireless
- Suppliers Feel Merger's Holding Pattern. Rockwell, Mark // Wireless Week;10/15/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 21, p21
Deals with the implication of the AT&T Wireless/Cingular Wireless merger for wireless equipment gear vendors in the U.S., as of October 2004. Factors that have put significant pressure on the quarter's revenues and margins in North America; Idea on which the merger is built.
- ed reynolds. // Wireless Review;Oct2005, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p9
Presents an interview with Ed Reynolds, president of network operations at Cingular Wireless regarding the integration of Cingular's network with the acquired assets of AT&T Wireless. Complexity of the integration; Backhaul for an integrated network; Coverage challenges in line with the...
- Cingular banks on AWS with $41B buy. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;2/23/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p1
Reports on the expectations on the acquisition of AT&T Wireless Services Inc. (AWS) by Cingular Wireless L.L.C. Impact of the acquisition on its competitors as well as companies with ties to AWS or Cingular; Comparison between subscribers of AWS and Cingular Wireless; Challenges faced by...
- Landline group says Cingular/AWS merger to cost consumers
$2.7B more annually. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;10/4/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 40, p4
Deals with the proposed merger of Cingular Wireless LLC and AT&T Wireless Services Inc. Implications of the proposed merger on the prices of wireless and landline telephony services in the U.S.; Impact on wireless consumers.
- Knocked Down A Notch. // njbiz;2/23/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p2
Reports on the merger agreement between Cingular Wireless and AT&T Wireless Services. Combined revenue of the merged company; Concerns about the lack of competition in the cell phone industry; Resignation of AT&T Wireless Chairman John Zeglis.
- Cingular Spends $41B on AT&T Wireless. // Electronic News;2/23/2004, Vol. 50 Issue 8, pN.PAG
Reports on the amount tendered by Cingular Wireless LLC to acquire AT&T Wireless. Estimated global system for mobile communication customers of the combined company; Bids of Cingular and Vodafone for the company; Terms under the agreement approved by Cingular.
- AWS/Cingular merger could mean 8-percent price rise,
study says. // RCR Wireless News;5/31/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 22, p12
Reports on the possible increase in wireless industry prices if the pending acquisition of AT&T Wireless Services Inc. by Cingular Wireless LLC is approved by U.S. government regulators, according to a report by Phoenix Center for Advanced Legal and Economic Public Policy Studies. Reasons for...
- RUNNING START. Fitchard, Kavin // Telephony;1/31/2005, Vol. 246 Issue 2, p21
The article reports on Cingular Wireless LLC losing its status as country's largest provider just a few short quarters after its acquisition of AT&T Wireless Services Inc. The company posted impressive numbers for the quarter, adding 1.8 million new subscribers in a quarter that could not have...
- TAKING THE BAIT. O'Shea, Dan // Telephony;7/12/2004, Vol. 245 Issue 14, p18
Comments on the issues concerning the pending acquisition of AT&T Wireless Services Inc. by Cingular Wireless LLC in the U.S. Speculation on the plans of the Federal Communications Commission on the proposed acquisition; Amount of spectrum the consolidated companies would retain; Advantage on...