Penney's Eckerd Sale: A Two-for-One Deal
- JCPenney finally off-loads Eckerd. Howell, Debbie // DSN Retailing Today;4/19/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p3
Reports that JCPenney's pending sale of its Eckerd drug store chain to two buyers will net the retailer more than three billion dollars. Amount to be paid by CVS and Canada's Jean Coutu Group for their share of Eckerd; Plan to use the cash to pay down debt and repurchase common stock.
- CVS, Coutu move up in top-line drug chain rankings. Troy, Mike // DSN Retailing Today;4/19/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p3
Anticipates changes in the drugstore sector in the United States with the sale of J.C. Penney of its Eckerd drug store division to CVS and Canada's Jean Coutu Group. Recognition of the merger as the largest ever in the industry; Split of the purchase price equally between CVS and Coutu;...
- Penney's Jettisons Eckerd. Tucker, Ross // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;4/6/2004, Vol. 187 Issue 71, p2
Reports that J.C. Penney Co. Inc. has sold its Eckerd drugstore business to The Jean Coutu Group Inc. and CVS Corp. Terms of the deal; Number of Eckerd drugstores in the U.S.
- Is it curtains for Eckerd? Levy, Sandra // Drug Topics;4/19/2004, Vol. 148 Issue 8, p10
Reports on the agreements signed by J. C. Penney with the Jean Coutu Group PJC Inc. and CVS Corp. for the sale of Eckerd Corp. drugstore operations in the U.S. Acquisition of the drugstores by Jean Coutu; Price of the pharmacy benefit management and mail-order businesses of Eckerd; Need for CVS...
- JCPenney sells Eckerd to CVS and The Jean Coutu Group. // Display & Design Ideas;May2004, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p6
J.C. Penney Co. Inc. is selling its Eckerd drugstore operations to CVS Corp. and the Jean Coutu Group Inc. for $4.5 billion. CVS will acquire Eckerd drugstores and support facilities in several Southern states, mainly in Florida and Texas and Eckerd's pharmacy benefits management and mail order...
- Eckerd deal impacts retail landscape. Troy, Mike // Drug Store News;4/19/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p1
Reports on the deal between pharmaceutical firm CVS Inc. and the Jean Coutu Group PJC Inc. to acquire the chain drug Eckerd Corp. in Largo, Florida. Determination of the operating profit of Eckerd; Terms of the agreement; Purchase value of the company.
- Eckerd stores under new ownership. Spohr, George // Business Journal (Central New York);4/16/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 16, p2
Reports on the acquisition of a number of locations of Eckerd Corp. by the Jean Coutu Group PJC Inc. and CVS Corp. Declaration to make management changes; Plan on increasing customer-service benchmarks; Decision to split the multibillion-dollar portfolio between the two buyers.
- BenefitNews.com CONNECT. // Employee Benefit News;May2004, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p7
Presents news briefs on employee benefits in the U.S. as of May 2004. Effects of low literacy on health care according to a report from the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality; Settlement of the federal state allegations to finance company Putnam Investment under the U.S. Securities and...
- Canadian chain performance earns kudos from analysts. Johnsen, Michael // Drug Store News;8/12/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p4
Assesses the financial condition of Canadian pharmaceutical services firms, Shoppers Drug Mart and Jean Coutu Group for the year 2002. Forecast of Merrill Lynch on the stock performance of the companies in fiscal 2003; Comparison of the companies with their U.S. counterparts; Business plans and...