Sanofi's Battle Royal for Aventis
- News Tip: Mergers Such As Sanofi-Aventis May Actually
Create Room for New Players in Pharmaceutical Market, Duke
Professor Says. // Ascribe Newswire: Medicine;4/27/2004, p103
Mergers like Monday's deal between pharmaceutical companies Sanofi-Synthelabo SA and Aventis SA may actually create room for the growth of smaller companies, a Duke University business professor says. Mergers have become a tool for survival among large pharmaceutical companies focused on the...
- Sanofi, Aventisto merge comms ops. Herskovits, Beth // Medical Marketing & Media;Aug2004, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p12
Reports on the possible merger of communication departments of Sanofi-Synthelabo SA and Aventis SA. Responsibility of Nicole Cranois, member of management committee made up of PR executives of each pharmaceutical company; Refusal of Joelle Sissmann to discuss whether the merger would eliminate...
- Sanofi takeover jeopardizes Aventis biotech deals. Mitchell, Peter // Nature Biotechnology;Jun2004, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p639
On April 25, Sanofi-Synthelabo SA secured its takeover of rival pharmaceutical giant Aventis SA. The deal is expected to negatively affect many of the 200 or so R&D collaborations that Aventis has set up with biotech companies, given that Sanofi prefers in-house R&D to such collaborations....
- Another European Giant Emerges. S.H. // Pharmaceutical Executive;Jun2004, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p28
Reports on developments in mergers and acquisitions in the pharmaceutical industry. Sanofi-Synthelabo SA's acquisition of Aventis to form the entity, Sanofi-Aventis, which will become the world's third largest pharmaceutical company; Worth of the deal; Advantage and disadvantage of mergers;...
- Doubts over Sanofi synergies. Beacham, Will // European Chemical News;5/10/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2099, p7
Focuses on the synergies that pharmaceutical firm Sanofi-SynthÃ©labo SA promised after completing its merger with Aventis SA. Information on the job preservation contract signed by Aventis with Sanofi; Value of the merger deal; Number of employees covered by the job preservation contract.
- Aventis continues to give Sanofi the cold shoulder. Jarvis, Lisa // Chemical Market Reporter;2/16/2004, Vol. 265 Issue 7, p8
Reports on pharmaceutical firm Aventis' efforts to prevent Sanofi-Synthelabo Inc.'s hostile takeover bid. Details of Sanofi-Synthelabo's offer; Claims of Aventis executives concerning potential flaws in the deal; Aventis' efforts to bolster its presence on the U.S. market.
- Aventis reforms hit by takeover bid. John, Geraint // Supply Management;3/4/2004, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p8
Reports that a hostile takeover bid threatens to stop a major reorganization of purchasing at pharmaceutical firm Aventis SA. Challenges to the implementation of a global category management structure; Takeover bid by Sanofi-Synthelabo SA; Aventis' goal to remove duplicate purchasing in...
- Grand French designs. // European Chemical News;2/2/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2085, p5
Comments on the possible merger of the French pharmaceutical companies Sanofi Synthelabo and Aventis. Challenges faced by the European pharmaceutical industry with regards to launching of new products; Possible impact of the merger of the two pharmaceutical companies; Statistics on the new...
- Aventis' independence under threat. Beacham, Will // European Chemical News;2/2/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2085, p7
Reports that Sanofi-SynthÃ©labo made a hostile bid for rival pharmaceutical company Aventis in February 2004. Advantages in the merger, according to Sanofi; Statement from Aventis regarding the proposed deal. INSET: ANALYSIS IS SANOFI'S OFFER TOO LOW?.