Savvy Mix Pays Off For Bear Stearns
- WEEK IN REVIEW. // Crain's New York Business;7/23/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 30, p16
The article presents information on recent business related developments that have taken place in New York City. Mediabistro.com has agreed to be acquired by Jupitermedia Corp. Bears Stearns Cos. told clients in its two struggling hedge funds that their investments, valued at an estimated $1.5...
- Bear May Get Ousted from Fund. // National Mortgage News;11/5/2007, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p22
No abstract available.
- Bay State Targets Bear Stearns. Bizouati, Yaël // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/3/2007, Vol. 73 Issue 46, p3
The article reports on the fraud accusation of the Massachusetts Securities Division toward Bear Stearns & Co. Inc. concerning the two collapsed hedge funds in the U.S. According to the lawyers of the investors, the company pursued to market the High Grade Structured Credit Strategies Master...
- Hedge funds, too, feel the pinch. Soule, Alexander // Fairfield County Business Journal;4/21/2008, Vol. 47 Issue 16, p9
The article focuses on the performance of hedge funds in the quarter ended March 2008, particularly those of Fairfield County in Connecticut. It is stated that for the first time, hedge funds closed out the month with a negative quarter but still gave their best-ever performance against equity...
- Bear In Mindâ€¦. Granahan, Tom // Investment Dealers' Digest;7/2/2007, Vol. 73 Issue 26, p2
The author reflects on the reaction of the capital market on the issues concerning hedge funds of the U.S.-based investment firm Bear Stearns. He believes that the result of the situation is largely dependent on sentiment and on how the market will react to it. He cites the address given by...
- RIVALS for the RICHE$T. Chapelle, Tony // On Wall Street;Aug2006, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p30
The article features the financial services firms competing for the wealthiest clients in the U.S. Despite failing to offer typical loans, Bear, Stearns & Co. operates two of the largest hedge funds in the U.S. Credit Suisse Securities USA faces challenges in convincing clients that it is a...
- Ohio Picks Bear, Citi For Tobacco. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/30/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32703, p1
The article reports that Buckeye Tobacco Settlement Authority selected Bear Stearns & Co. Inc. and Citicorp as the co-book-running senior managers with 30 firms under them to manage tobacco bond of Ohio. They both were selected through a competitive selection test. Five firms would serve as...
- Bear lands two telecom bankers from Jefferies. Keegan, Jeffrey // Investment Dealers' Digest;04/17/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 16, p6
Reports that United States investment firm Bear Stearns & Co. has hired telecommunication bankers from Jefferies & Co. Hiring of David Handler and David St. Jean for its technology investment group; Negative impact of the hiring on Jefferies; Other professionals hired by Bear from other companies.
- finance. // Chemical Week;8/16/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 31, p33
Presents updates concerning financial status of chemical companies as of August 16, 2000. Information on how mergers and acquisition deals affected the companies' earnings; Hiring of Telly Zachariades and Gary Denning by Bear Stearns.