- A&O scoops Standard Chartered work. Begum, Husnara // Lawyer;1/17/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p5
The article reports that Allen & Overy (A&O) has muscled in on longstanding Slaughter and May client Standard Chartered Bank after the magic circle firm scooped an instruction to advise the bank on a major acquisition in Korea. A&O is advising Standard Chartered on the $3.3bn acquisition of...
- U.K.'s Standard Chartered Buying Korea First Bank. // American Banker;1/11/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 7, p18
Reports that Standard Chartered PLC plans to buy Korea First Bank for $3.3 billion. Financial information on Standard Chartered and Korea First; Expectations for revenues and growth in South Korea; When the deal will close.
- Fox in the UPN house. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;08/21/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 35, p4
Reports the acquisition of Chris-Craft Industries and its television stations by Fox Inc. in the United States. Terms and amount of the deal; Efforts of Fox to boost its performance in the doupoly markets; Impact of the deal on Viacom's UPN; Plans of renewing Chris-Craft stations to long-term...
- Is Fox the next megaplayer? Mermicas, Diane // Electronic Media;02/07/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p21
Analyzes the prospects for a merger deal involving Fox Entertainment Group, following the merger between Time Warner Inc. and America Online Inc. Valuation of the company; Potential of a Fox deal with parent News Corp. having ownership control; Trading of the company's stocks; Comments from...
- FEG Shareholders Likely to Take Offer. Sherman, Jay // Television Week;1/17/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p71
Predicts the sale of Fox Entertainment Group (FEG) shares to News Corp. despite the opposition of some shareholders to the transaction according to Wall Street analysts. Information on the exchange offer of News Corp.; Disadvantage of the bid withdrawal; Merger plans of News Corp. with FEG.
- Fox puts faith in Netco. Graser, Marc // Daily Variety;12/5/2007, Vol. 297 Issue 47, p5
The article reports that Fox Entertainment Group has purchased Beliefnet in an attempt to bolster its faith-based and family operations. Fox revealed that Beliefnet will become part of Fox Digital Media and will serve as a platform for library content. In related developments, Walt Disney...
- Fox has 'Monkey' on its back. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;05/10/2001, Vol. 271 Issue 51, p1
Reports the financial losses at Fox Entertainment and News Corp. in the United States. Financial performance of the two companies; Factors blamed for the losses in the firms; Revenues and operating income of News Corp. businesses.
- SANDY SIGNS OFF AT FOX. Adalian, Josef // Daily Variety;1/6/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the resignation of Sandy Grushow as chairman of the Fox Television Entertainment Group in the United States. Career history; Achievements.
- Western, CenturyTel complete $96 million texas transaction. // RCR;06/07/99, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p26
Cites the completion of Western Wireless Corp.'s acquisition of the Brownsville and McAllen, Texas, cellular markets from CenturyTel Inc.