Buyout Shops Mine for Coal
- KKR Europe fund eyes close on more than $2.5 billion. Snow, David // Investment Dealers' Digest;09/27/99, Vol. 65 Issue 38, p9
Reports that buyout firm Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. will hold a first close on its debut European buyout fund. Amount expected to be raised through the fund; Organizations that have committed to the fund; Firm's competitors.
- Buyout Firms' Capital Glut. // American Banker;3/11/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 38, p9
This article reports that buyout firms such as Blackstone Group LP and Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. are making mergers and acquisitions at such a slow pace, it will take many years to use all the money that investors have given them for such purposes.
- KKR on fine, line of succession. Gold, Jacqueline S. // Crain's New York Business;12/23/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 51, p1
Discusses the performance of buyout firm Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. during the year 2002. Business achievements of the firm during the year; Steps taken by the company in expanding its business; Possible impact of the withdrawal of pension funds from the company's business; Plans of the...
- PE Changing in Big Way. Holman, Kelly // High Yield Report;7/20/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 29, p1
The article reports on the efforts of private equity (PE) firms to look beyond traditional leveraged buyouts for new investment opportunities as debt is still hard to acquire in 2009. In an effort to put some 535 billion U.S. dollars in uninvested capital to work, these financial sponsors are...
- KKR launches first Euro fund for up to $3 bil. Snow, David; Kosman, Josh // Investment Dealers' Digest;01/18/99, Vol. 65 Issue 3, p4
Reports on the launch of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co.'s first European fund. Target and cap for the fund; Implications of the deal for buyout partnerships in both Europe and the United States; Rationale behind the company's focus on Europe; Strategy implemented by the buyout firm; Outlook for...
- Using leverage. Pallarito, Karen // Modern Healthcare;12/01/97, Vol. 27 Issue 48, p72
Focuses on the leverage buyout of RJR Nabisco in 1989, by Kohlberg Kravis Roberts and Company. Predictions by Brian Brille, managing director and head of Morgan Stanley's healthcare services group; Information on a partnership with two LBO firms. INSET: One healthcare company's leveraged buyout..
- The Buyout Barons Bring Gains with Pain. Platt, Gordon // Global Finance;Jul2002, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p25
Focuses on the success of the leveraged buyouts of Kohlberg, Kravis & Roberts. Management style of the company; Contributions of Henry Kravis, one of the company's founders, to the company.
- KKR eyes European credit growth with Avoca acquisition. // Euro Hedge;3/16/2015, p1
The article informs about the acquisition of the credit manager Avoca Capital Holdings Ltd. by the investment firm KKR. It presents views of Alan Burke, co-founder of Avoca, on the positive impact of the acquisition on the company's assets. Topics discussed includes expected compound return of...
- First Data Acquisition Set To Break Records. // Bank Loan Report;6/11/2007, Vol. 22 Issue 23, p1
The article reports on the move of First Data Corp., an electronic payment processor based in Greenwood Village, Colorado, to plan to boast the largest technology buy-out, covenant-lite loan and junk bond issuance. Moreover, an affiliate of equity firm Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. will purchase...