A PHENOMENOLOGICAL INVESTIGATION OF SAME-SEX MARRIAGE
- Spain to OK same-sex marriage. Wockner, Rex // Bay Windows;9/30/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 42, p16
Deals with the decision of the Spanish government to approve a same-sex marriage legislation on October 1, 2004. Percentage of Spaniards who support same-sex civil unions; Legalization of such marriages in Belgium and Netherlands; Publication of books about marriage-like partnership laws in...
- Support for same-sex marriage ban collapses on Beacon Hill. // Gay & Lesbian Times;9/15/2005, Issue 925, p26
Reports that a fragile coalition of lawmakers in Massachusetts with the goal of supporting an amendment to ban same-sex marriage, has collapsed, virtually guaranteeing same-sex marriage will remain legal in the state. Poll of lawmakers conducted by the Associated Press; Reasons for the collapse.
- The Center hosts marriage equality forum. Baldman, Anthony // Gay & Lesbian Times;9/15/2005, Issue 925, p17
Reports that Equality for All, the California statewide campaign aimed to defeat anti-gay ballot initiatives, is hosting a public forum at The Center in San Diego, California, on September 12, 2005. Goal of educating all San Diegans about the impact of marriage discrimination; Observation that...
- Hilary Rosen. // Advocate;12/7/2004, Issue 928, p30
This article expresses opinion on the issue of gay marriage in the U.S. This November 2004 election may have shown the people that the change agents for gay marriage are looking too much like a noisy red Ferrari speeding down quiet Main Street. Some of the punditry about the negative impact of...
- A Milestone in Marriage. Bednar, Joseph // BusinessWest;May2004, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p45
Reports on the implications of the legalized same-sex marriage in the state of Massachusetts. Challenges and responsibilities for business owners and human resource departments; Recognition of the basic rights of gay individuals; Measures being taken by lawmakers on the same-sex marriage issue.
- Discord among same-sex marriage opponents leads to dueling voter initiatives in California. // Gay & Lesbian Times;9/15/2005, Issue 925, p28
Reports that despite their state's history of promoting gay rights, Californians have been split on the subject of same-sex marriage, and this contrast is expected to become even more pronounced because of two overlapping voter initiatives. Goal of opponents to convince voters to amend the state...
- DAVID VALDES GREENWOOD. Greenwood, David Valdes // Bay Windows;7/19/2001, pN.PAG
Presents an article about the civil marriage of a gay couple. Status of the relations of the couple with their families; Reason for the absence of their family members during the celebration; Impact of religion on the perception of the their family about same-sex marriage.
- Same-sex union. Law, Benjamin // Monthly: Australian Politics, Society & Culture;Mar2012, Issue 76, p14
The article highlights the same-sex union in Australia. It features the Sydney Convicts, one of the most formidable teams in New South Wales' suburban rugby union roster, as well as the twice titleholders of the Bingham Cup. It also features the International Gay Rugby Association and Board...
- Reframing the Marriage Debate: Wording, Context, and Intensity of Support for Marriage and Civil Unions*. McCabe, Brian J.; Heerwig, Jennifer A. // International Journal of Public Opinion Research;Winter2012, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p429
In the United States, the extension of marriage or civil unions to gay and lesbian couples has emerged as one of the most highly contested social issues. In response, research and polling organizations have sought to measure attitudes on the topic. In this article, we report the results of an...