TEENAGE PREGNANCY IN NOVA SCOTIA COMMUNITIES: ASSOCIATIONS WITH CONTEXTUAL FACTORS
- Young Women. // Population Reports;Spring2003, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p27
Reports on the sexual activities of unmarried young women in developing countries according to the surveys that are part of the Demographic and Health Surveys (DHS) and the Reproductive Health Surveys (RHS) programs, as of March 2003. Premarital sexual experience of adolescent women aged 15 to...
- Sexual attitudes and behavior among young adolescents in Jamaica. Eggleston, Elizabeth; Jackson, Jean; Hardee, Karen // International Family Planning Perspectives;Jun99, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p78
Describes the attitudes and behavior among low-income young adolescents in Jamaica. Contributing factors to early sexual activity and pregnancy; Social pressure and encouragement among boys to be sexually active; Branding of young girls who become pregnant as having loose morals; Motivations...
- Teen sex has begun to decline, studies say. Gallagher, Maggie // Human Events;05/23/97, Vol. 53 Issue 20, p13
Reports on the decrease in teenage sex in the United States. Launch of National Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy; Development of peer-counseling sex-education curriculum by gynecology professor Marion Howard; Proposal in New Jersey legislature requiring school sex education programs to stress...
- Sexuality & pregnancy. Headley, Susan // Youth Studies Australia;Dec97, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p62
Summarizes articles that pertain to sexuality and pregnancy of adolescents. `You Learn it From Your Mates, Don't You: Young People's Conversations About Sex as a Basis for Informal Peer Education,' by B.M. Walker; `Female Adolescents and Onset of Sexual Intercourse: A Theory-based Review of...
- Breaking the cycle of teen pregnancy. // New York Amsterdam News;06/22/2000, Vol. 91 Issue 25, p20
Interviews New York City teenagers about teen sex and pregnancy. Inclusion of the need for teenagers to know about the possible consequences of sex; Reasons why some teenagers want to get pregnant; Factors that influence teen pregnancy the most; Suggestions regarding sex education.
- Teens and sex. Solomon, Burt // National Journal;7/04/98, Vol. 30 Issue 27, p1566
Discusses that factors that can be attributed to the decline of teenage pregnancy in the United States. Claim of President Bill Clinton that his administration can be credited for the decline; View of policy analysts on the reason for the decline; Changes in the view of the Americans on teenage...
- USA: Teen sexual activity and pregnancy. // Women's International Network News;Autumn97, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p68
Reports on trends in teenage sexual activity and pregnancy in the United States. Decline in percentage of young women aged 15-19 who had sexual intercourse in 1995; National teen pregnancy rate; Debate over the kind of prevention programs and messages needed to prevent teenage pregnancy.
- THE WRONG SIGNALS. Alibhai-Brown, Yasmin // Community Care;2/7/2002, Issue 1408, p22
Focuses on teenage pregnancies in Great Britain. Views of the political left and right on teenage pregnancies; Correlation between too much alcohol or drug taking and teenage pregnancies; Values on sex among British Asians, Chinese and Vietnamese communities.
- Sexual health of teenagers in England and Wales: Analysis of national data. McKee, Martin; Nicoll, Angus // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);05/15/99, Vol. 318 Issue 7194, p1321
Analyzes the sexual health of adolescents in England and Wales. Sexual health indices among adolescents in both countries from 1995-96; Termination rate of pregnancy among teenagers; Number of diagnosed and reported gonorrhea cases.