N.J., Pa. law firms set merger plans
- LAW FIRMS. NEUFELL, DANIELLE // njbiz;12/20/2010, Vol. 23, p110
A list ranking law firms based on the number of New Jersey attorneys is presented which includes McCarter & English LLP, Fox Rothschild LLP and Day Pitney LLP.
- Fox Rothschild. // Working Mother;Aug/Sep2008, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p77
The article discusses why Fox Rothschild is included in the periodical's 2008 50 Best Law Firms for Women in the U.S. The law firm has 45% female associates, 30% female counsel, 22% female nonequity partners and 15% female equity partners. Lawyers returning from maternity leave can opt for a...
- 50 Best law firms for women. // Working Mother;Aug/Sep2009, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p55
The article presents the 50 best law firms for women in the U.S. It features Arent Fox in Washington D.C., a firm that gives lawyers an option to choose a maximum of 80% of the firm's required billable working hours. Likewise, it mentions Fox Rothschild in Philadelphia which launched the Women's...
- Lawyers Expound on Deal Developments. Appin, Rick // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;01/03/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p1
Predicts the legal issues involving international merger and acquisition (M&A) activity in 2000. Business opportunity for law firms; Buyout groups represented by Milbank, Tweed, Hadley, McCloy in their acquisition of Buhrmann NV preferred stock; M&A activities represented by Cleary Gottlieb...
- Indianapolis Law Firms Merge to Create Bingham McHale. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;11/8/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31261, p6
Reports on merger between Indianapolis, Indiana-based law firms of Bingham Summers Welsh & Spilman and McHale Cook & Welch. Market status of the law firms after merger; Company background of both the law firms.
- More Megafirms in the new millennium. Dupin // Business News New Jersey;01/04/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p31
Reports on the consolidation of large law firms in New Jersey. Increase of demand for the services of specialty companies; Strategy of the law firms for competition.
- Big Shifts Alter Law Landscape. Cziborr, Chris // Orange County Business Journal;8/11/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 32, p1
Reports on the changes faced by the law firms in Orange County, California. Factors contributing to the changes in the sector; Consolidations in the sector; List of changes in the law firms in the county.
- Elyria law firm consolidates. Cornell, Ryan // Crain's Cleveland Business;1/28/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p10
Reports the consolidation of the operations of Elyria law firm of Baumgartner & O'Toole Co. LPA in Ohio.
- Mid-tier law firms ride merger wave. Strahler, Steven R. // Crain's Chicago Business;04/30/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 18, p4
Reports trends in the consolidation of law firms in Chicago, Illinois. Significance of mergers on survival of firms; Views of Piper Marbury co-chairman Lee I. Miller on the trend; Opinion of corporate turnaround specialist William A. Brandt Jr. on consolidation.