U.S. Bancorp-Piper merger's muni angle: 'More, broader, deeper'
- Brokerage firm launches 2 new products. Kjos, Tiffany // Inside Tucson Business;06/26/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 14, p10
Reports on U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray Inc.'s launching of its Prime Account and Premier investment plans. Plan offerings; Investment instruments offered under the plans.
- One Year Later: Piper Jaffray to Close OC Operation. Vyas, Rajiv // Orange County Business Journal;10/8/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 41, p3
Reports that financial services company U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray Asset Management Inc. will close down its Orange County, California operations. Reason behind the company's move; Overview on the market difficulties experienced by Piper Jaffray which prompted it to withdraw from the local...
- Short Takes. // American Banker;10/5/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 191, p11
Presents news briefs pertaining to the financial services industry in the United States, as of October 5, 1999. Includes the assignment of Eugene McGowan and Joel Black to the individual investor services unit of U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray; T.H.E. Financial Group's addition of two community...
- Piper Hires for N.Y. Fixed-Income . // American Banker;6/20/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 118, p12
U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray Inc. of Minneapolis said on June 19, 2003 that it is expanding its fixed-income municipal trading and sales capabilities in New York and adding resources in Minneapolis and Chicago. The company said it has hired John Calia to be the managing director and the head of...
- Prudential Defectors Form Piper Convertibles Team. Mandaro, Laura // American Banker;6/16/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 116, p3
Reports on U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray Inc.'s creation of a team for selling, trading and underwriting convertible securities by hiring three experts. Career history of recruits from Prudential Volpe Technology Group, namely, F. Edward O'Rourke, Claude Desouza-Lawrence and Alok Reejhsinghani;...
- In Brief. // American Banker;12/30/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 249, p20
Reports on developments in the financial services sector in the United States as of December 30, 1999. U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray's naming of Andrew Duff as chief executive officer; Telebanc Financial Corp. shareholders' approval of the company's proposed merger with E-Trade Group Inc.;...
- U.S. Bancorp Adds 2 Southwest Bankers and a Senior Trader. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;10/21/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31744, p7
Reports on the hiring of bankers and senior trader by the U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray Inc. of its municipal business in the Southwest and institutional tax-exempt trading group in the U.S. Duties and responsibilities; Career profile of the executives; Company background.
- U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray Starting Hotel Financing Group. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;7/24/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31187, p32
Reports on U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray Inc.'s establishment of a hotel financing group. Employees that will be hired by the company; Increase of tax-exempt financing for hotels.
- Piper Leaves Bancorp Nest. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/26/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31352, p1
Reports the independent operation of U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Restructuring of U.S. Bancorp; Importance of the announcement regarding the autonomous operation of the investment banking business; Effectivity of restructuring. INSET: Stone & Youngberg Names Four New VPs.