Illinois budget plan addresses education, new airport
- Senate OKs Supplemental Spending Bill. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;7/25/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31435, p5
Reports the approval of the U.S. Senate on the supplemental spending package in New York. Funds provided for highways and airports; Budget for the development of the World Trade Center; Aid for the recruitment of additional staff of Securities and Exchange Commission.
- House Passage of O'Hare Plan May Lead to Showdown in Senate. Sanchez, Humberto; Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/25/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31435, p36
Reports the issuance of bonds to increase of the capacity at Chicago's O'Hare International Airport. Elimination on the construction of the third airport; Improvements of runways; Budget allotted for the project.
- Lindbergh Expansion Plan on Hold. Lewis, Connie // San Diego Business Journal;5/19/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 20, p1
Reports on the efforts of the government to temporarily stop the expansion of Lindbergh Field in San Diego, California. Lack of budget; Bankruptcy of various airlines companies; Relocation of airport operations.
- Fewer States See Red Ink, Report Finds. Zehr, Mary Ann // Education Week;12/3/2003, Vol. 23 Issue 14, p1
The number of states facing budget deficits this fiscal year has decreased dramaticallyâ€”from 31 states to 10â€”compared with fiscal 2003, according to a new report from the National Conference of State Legislatures (NCSL). Scott D. Pattison, the director of the Washington-based...
- Oklahoma Teachers Demand Special Session to Address Budget. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;10/18/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31494, p33
Reports the budget deficits in Oklahoma. Request of the educators for relief from growing classrooms and declining services; Retrenchment of teachers; Decrease of revenue collections.
- Education priority shines through in session. Augustine, Kathy // Las Vegas Business Press;7/28/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 30, p5
Comments on the emphasis given to education at the budget deliberations of the Nevada Legislature in 2003. Impact of the budget delay on education; Funding allocated by the legislature to education; Background on the tax package passed.
- Parents flock to discuss Quebec's budget cuts in education. ROWE, DANIEL J. // Eastern Door;4/25/2013, Vol. 22 Issue 16, p8
The article presents information on meetings of the New Frontiers School Board and parents in the region over on how to make up the budget cuts in education in Quebec.
- Nearly 40 speakers appeal for halt to state budget cuts. Merkel, JIm // Granite City Press-Record;11/28/2012, Vol. 54 Issue 48, pA3
The article reports that about 40 students, teachers, administrators, and community leaders from Southern called for a halt to state budget cuts at a November 19, 2012 hearing on the Illinois State Board of Education's 2013-14 budget.
- Education will need extra 1 pound, warn councils. // Public Finance;06/28/96, p3
Reports that councils in Great Britain are set to warn ministers that they will need to deliver an extra 1 billion pound of education spending for 1997. Reason for the extra spending; Increase in the Local Education Authority (LEA) budgets; Revenue and capital needing extra support; Amount...