Atlanta water-sewer deal could hit $800 million; budget not approved
- A big and rare borrowing. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;02/18/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30581, p1
Reports that Jefferson County, Alabama, will begin the second leg of a massive sewer upgrade program in March 1999, when it sells bonds that include a large serving of rare, 40-year maturities. Creation of a unique borrowing plan to smooth rate increases; State law allowing the extension of...
- PRc: A municipal perspective. Long, Wayne // Underground Construction;Mar1998, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p80
Reports on the available assistance from the Pipe Rehabilitation Council (PRc) in providing standardized testing to be approved by the American Society for Testing Materials for use when testing rehabilitation pipe liner systems. Problems encountered by municipal engineers in the United States...
- CALENDAR. // Municipal Sewer & Water;Nov2007, p72
A calendar of events related to municipal engineering in the U.S. for November 2007 to May 2008 is presented which includes the National Association of Clean Water Agencies Developments in Clean Water Law Conference, WEST-TEC trade show, and the Trenchless Road Show.
- Town hall gets a new 'lease' on life. // American City & County;Dec98, Vol. 113 Issue 13, p45
Reports the efforts of Greece city officials and residents to finance the construction of the Town Hall in Greece, New York. Adoption of value engineering principles; Alliance with Eastman Kodak; Arrangement of bid; Establishment of a local development corporation called Municipal Projects,...
- Arthur Clayton. // Civil Engineering (10212000);Jul2013, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p86
An obituary for city engineer Arthur Clayton of Cape Town, South Africa is presented.
- Keep up with filtration's response to 9/11. Beverly, Robert // Engineered Systems;Oct2003, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p8
Provides an overview on articles and publications on government engineering facilities in the U.S. Commissioning for government projects; Coverage of the publication entitled 'Guidance for Filtration and Air-cleaning Systems to Protect Building Environments'; Uncertainty over the funding status...
- Bahrain. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;2/11/2000, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p12
Reports on the bid submission date for package eight on the Tubli sewerage plant expansion project in Bahrain.
- Water, water everywhere. // American City & County;Nov2010, Vol. 125 Issue 11, p29
The article reports on a contract between the Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District (MMSD) and Chicago, Illinois-based Veolia ES Solid Waste concerning the development of a landfill gas-to-energy project in November 2010.
- Newly hired city engineer to tackle road bond. SEVILLA, ANDY // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);12/4/2013, Vol. 113 Issue 36, p4A
The article announces that Leon Barba was appointed city engineer of the City of Kyle in Texas.