Health system's bid for AUH-West is enough to protect debt
- Highmark/WPAHS deal may be health care harbinger. STAUFFER, HEATHER // Central Penn Business Journal;11/23/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 48, p1
The article focuses on the deal of Highmark Inc. with West Penn Allegheny Health System (WPAHS) for alternative reimbursement models for health care.
- FTC clears Pittsburgh AHERF units' sale. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;06/15/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30662, p28
Reports on the merger of Allegheny University Hospital-West and the Western Pennsylvania Healthcare System. Absence of objection from the United States Federal Trade Commission.
- Tentative deal for AHERF Pittsburgh hospitals. Hensley, Scott // Modern Healthcare;03/08/99, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p6
Reports that the Western Pennsylvania Healthcare System has signed a letter of intent to buy Allegheny University Hospitals-West (AUH-West). Information on AUH-West hospitals; Plans of Pennsylvania Healthcare; Executives that will head the system.
- MBIA no longer fighting Pennsylvania hospital merger. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;07/23/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30689, p4
Reports that MBIA Insurance Corp. withdrew its objections on the merger of the Western Pennsylvania Health Care System and Allegheny University Hospitals-West from the United States Bankruptcy Court in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Importance of MBIA's support to the merger's success; Estimated...
- AUH-West merger talks leave doubts. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;08/26/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30713, p1
Focuses on the merger negotiations between Allegheny University Hospitals-West and Western Pennsylvania Healthcare System in Pennsylvania. Signing of an affiliation agreement as a precursor to a full merger; Factors that could influence the deal's outcome; Difficulties in getting its creditors.
- Pennsylvania hospital merger bond sale set to price by April. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;02/15/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30829, p1
Reports that the bond sale needed to cement the merger between the Western Pennsylvania Healthcare System and Allegheny University Hospitals-West is expected to be priced in late March or early April 2000. Total value of the bond issues; Underwriter of the deal; Creditor concerns regarding the...
- Regional wrap. Hoffman, David; Albanese, Elizabeth; Wisniewski, Mary; Whalen, Robert; Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;02/22/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30833, p2A
Presents brief reports related to municipal bonds in the United States for the week of February 14-18, 2000. Includes bond sale for the merger of Western Pennsylvania Healthcare System and Allegheny University Hospitals-West; Atlanta, Georgia's airport bond issue; Increase in Fitch IBCA's...
- Concession Agreements Push West Penn Hospital Merger Ahead. Mercurio, Stephanie // Bond Buyer;03/22/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30854, p4
Reports the concession agreements made by West Penn Allegheny General Hospital with several creditors in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Concessions in terms of bank loans to the hospital group; Impact of agreements on merger plans of Western Pennsylvania Healthcare System and Allegheny University...
- Pittsburgh report: Health merger unfeasible. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;07/15/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30683, p4
Highlights a study commissioned by the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Health System to determine the viability of a proposed merger between the Western Pennsylvania Healthcare System and Allegheny University Hospitals-West. Conclusion that the combined system will fail; West...