Municipals get a lift from govies; Indiana, Ohio deals priced, repriced
- Latest Municipal Cuts Worry Street. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/13/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 19, p11
Focuses on the key concern of the market participants in the municipal bond market. Functions of fixed income staff in bond trading; Reduction of public finance department; Issuance of muni bond.
- The Muni E-bond Revolution. Petersen, John E. // Governing;Apr2000, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p67
Deals with the offering and trading of fixed-income securities and municipal bonds on the Internet in the U.S. Benefits of trading the bonds on the Internet; Traditional way to trading and issuing the bonds; Impact of the electronic revolution in the bond markets on the underwriting community.
- UBS Launches Second Ever Municipal CDO. Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;6/25/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32655v, p1
The article reports that UBS Securities LLC has launched second ever municipal collateralized debt obligations (CDO) in the U.S. municipal bond market. UBS has begun marketing the second tax-exempt CDO deal worth $400 million. The deal is being called Republic Funding Trust I. As with many of...
- TBMA Adopts 10 Voluntary Guidelines to Cover Conflicts of Interest. Briggs, Amanda // Bond Buyer;5/21/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31889, p36
Reports on the Bond Market Association's adoption of voluntary guidelines or principles to help its member firms to avoid conflicts of interests arising from fixed-income research activities. Recommendation that firms limit their personal trading activity; Remarks of Bond Market Association...
- Loop in Lead for N.Y.C. Deal. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;2/4/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32807, p1
The article reports on the move of Loop Capital Markets LLC to lead manage the sale of $475 million of New York City fixed-rate tax-exempt general obligation bonds. According to the report, the deal will be the first deal of the city on which Loop will be the book-running senior manager. The...
- Munis Soft, Seem Pricey Despite Treasury Rally. RIGGS, TAYLOR // Bond Buyer;5/22/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33916, p2
In this article, the author offers information on the status of the U.S. municipal bond market in the fourth week of May 2013. She mentions that the demand of municipal bonds have dropped down as bond issuers have trimmed the prices and raised the yields for attracting investors in the primary...
- First Empire Securities Expands to New Issues; Midwest. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;11/18/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34412, p1
The 32-year-old national fixed-income shop First Empire Securities has begun underwriting new-issue municipal bonds it could offer to its institutional clients and opened a Chicago office.
- The End of the Treasury Bull Run. Lim, Paul J. // Money;Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p94
The article discusses ways for investors to manage their fixed-income portfolios after the economic downturn and reduced returns from U.S. Treasury bonds. For risk-averse investors the author suggests moving a portion of Treasury holdings from funds into individual issues. Investors willing to...
- Municipals End Firm, Treasuries Up; King County, Wash., Sells $125 Million. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;5/21/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31391, p2
Reports on the marketing of municipal bonds by King County in Washington. Vulnerability of the fixed-income markets; Anticipation of price improvement; Assessment of the stock market.