Oklahoma Senate considering bill for university lease-purchase program
- Mississippi Lawmakers Weighing Controversial $297M Bond Bill. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/19/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32014, p3
Reports that Mississippi House members have started debating a bond bill that earmarks $109 million for economic projects sought by the governor and the rest for universities and community colleges. Aspects of the House Bill 3 passed by the Ways and Means Committee; Issue of whether the bill is...
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;03/19/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31099, p4
Presents a status report on legislative bills affecting the municipal bond market in the United States as of March 19, 2001. Public School Construction Partnership Act; High-Speed Rail Investment Act of 2001; National Energy Security Act of 2001; America's Better Classroom Act.
- N.Y.C. City Council Likely to Fast-Track Mayor's G-37-Like Proposal. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;05/14/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31138, p1
Reports the speedy legislation of the New York City Council on the G-37 proposal in New York, New York. Restrictions of the G-37 proposal to firms associated in municipal securities; Imposition of a moratorium on rulemaking; Comments of the senior research associate of the Citizen's Budget...
- MUNICIPAL BOND AND STATE AND LOCAL FINANCE LEGISLATIVE STATUS Report[*]. // Bond Buyer;03/17/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30851, p6
Presents a chart depicting municipal bond and state and local legislative status report in the United States as of March 2000. List of legislation introduced in the 106th Congress; Presentation of existing laws; Data on the proposed laws; Existing status of the legislative bills.
- Pa. Aims to Avoid More Harrisburgs. BURTON, PAUL // Bond Buyer;7/15/2013, Vol. 385 Issue 33944, p5
The article offers information on the two bills that improve the oversight of municipal bond financing and presented in Pennsylvania Senate in Pennsylvania.
- Bill would set aside $1 billion for Hawaii school trust fund. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;01/28/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30567, p3
Reports on the bill that would issue general obligation (GO) bonds to invest in a University of Hawaii trust fund. Benefits that the university would get should the proposed bill is approved; The bill's status on the annual bond legislation which lays out the GO amounts to be issued; Proposed...
- New and improved pledge lends shine to Texas University system offering. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;08/18/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30459, p26
Reports that the Texas State University System's (TSUS) system-wide pledge earned better-than-expected interest rates as of August 17, 1998. Book-running manager Goldman Sachs & Co.'s pricing of three series of TSUS revenue and refunding bonds; Combined pledged revenues in fiscal 1997;...
- Lots of Debt, Little Time Rule. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;2/14/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32319, p1
The article reports that the Gulf Opportunity Zone Act has added municipal bonding authority for Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama. The federal act is intended to help the three states recover from hurricanes Katrina and Rita. The act authorizes tax-credit bonds to help prevent defaults on...
- KUWAIT: PRIVATE UNIVERSITIES ONE STEP CLOSER. // Middle East Business Intelligence;1/5/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p7
Reports on the legislation passed by the Kuwaiti legislature that approve in principle the establishment of private universities. Possibility of allowing foreign universities to open satellite campuses in Kuwait; Highlights of the legislation.