FADE TO BLACK
- Robin Browne BSC. // Image Technology;May1987, Vol. 69 Issue 5, p180
The article presents the views of cameraman Robin Browne concerning techniques in cinematography. Browne comments that it is good to use split screens to make direct comparison on test films. He points out his methods and techniques in developing a good contrast in cinematography. He also talked...
- Chronicles Of Feature And Spot VFX. Giardina, Carolyn // SHOOT;1/27/2006, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p17
The article reports on the role being played by an increasing number of visual effects houses in high-profile theatrical work. The presenters at the Visual Effects Society annual Show and Tell in January 2006 underscore the commercial industry's involvement in feature visual effects production....
- Category Faces Identity Crisis. Cohen, David S. // Variety;12/11/2014, Vol. 326 Issue 9, p28
The article focuses on the developments of motion picture visual effects in films "Guardians of the Galaxy," "Interstellar" and "X-Men: Days of Future Past." Topics discussed include the criteria on judging the quality of visual effects used in a movie, the trends in digital cinematography for...
- Bigscreen Contenders Expand Tool Kit. Heuring, David // Variety;1/28/2014, Vol. 322 Issue 15, p66
The article discusses cinematographers and motion pictures nominated for the 2014 American Society of Cinematographers (ASC) Awards to be held February 1, 2014 in Los Angeles, California. The 2013 motion picture "Gravity," and its nominated cinematographer Emmanuel Lubezki are considered as one...
- Digital intermediate defined. // TVB Europe;Dec2003, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p16
Focuses on the post production method of the digital intermediate process. Design of the system to scan negatives, work with accumulated data and publish to any medium or format; Suitability of the system for motion picture films with visual special effects shots; Criticism over the long period...
- Visual Effects Go "There". // American Cinematographer;Aug2012, Vol. 93 Issue 8, p80
The article announces the launch of the There visual-effect company, founded by Elliot and Taylor Jobe, specializing in digital sets with greenscreen production.
- SPACE SHOTS. Doyle, Audrey // Computer Graphics World;Dec2002, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p24
Focuses on the creation of digital special effects in science-fiction programs. Description of the digital special effects in science programs; Creation process of digital special effects.
- Character driven. Graser, Marc // Daily Variety;3/14/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 50/51, p28
Reports on the status of the motion picture special effects field during 2002. Movies that used digital images to portray lead characters; Factors that contributed to the rise of digital technology in filmmaking.
- Putting the Indian in the cupboard. Fallow, Allan // National Geographic World;Aug95, Issue 240, p34
Features the special effects used by the director Frank Oz in the motion picture, `The Indian in the Cupboard.' Techniques used to make Little Bear appear only a few inches tall; Props used for the filming. INSETS: Living off the land, by Gregg Valley.;Behind the blue screen..