Schwarzenegger to Release Budget With $1.7B of Deficit Bonds
- Estimates for the Structural Deficit in Switzerland, 2002 to 2007. Bodmer, Frank; Geier, Alain // OECD Journal on Budgeting;2004, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p77
Presents an overview on the estimates for the structural deficit from 2002 to 2007 in Switzerland. Aims of the new Swiss budget rule or debt brake; Estimation of a structural deficit; Methods used in the calculation based on revenue rations.
- GRAMM-RUDMAN: A Potent Weapon for Spending Restraint. Mitchell, Daniel J. // USA Today Magazine;Nov89, Vol. 118 Issue 2534, p22
Analyzes the impact of the Gramm-Rudman-Hollings Deficit Reduction Act on the United States public finance. Provisions of the legislation; Proponents of higher taxes' assumption that a tax increase will be used for deficit reduction instead of increased federal spending; Effectiveness of...
- Deficit means hike ‘equal to 7p on income tax’. Conrad, Mark // Public Finance;11/7/2003, p18
Reports on the implications of a deficit in the public finance budget on the economy of Great Britain. Action taken by the government to counteract the effects of a public finance budget deficit; Deterioration on the outlook for public finance; Alternatives that could be taken by the Treasury...
- Fiscal deficit tensions. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;9/26/2003, Vol. 47 Issue 39, p33
Reports on the budget deficit of Lebanon during the first eight months of 2003. Details on the statistics released by the Finance Ministry; Factors that influence the deficit; Efforts to reduce the deficit.
- Baghdad unveils budget and new currency. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;10/17/2003, Vol. 47 Issue 42, p10
Reports on the budget and currency unveiled by the Coalition Provisional Authority in Iraq. Budget deficit of the country; Expected growth of revenue in 2004; Source of the finance for the budget shortfall.
- New York MTA Looking for Money To Close '05 Gap, Fund Capital Plan. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;9/29/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31979, p3
Reports on the plan of the board of Metropolitan Transportation Authority to shorten a projected funding gap in its proposed five-year capital plan in New York. Objective of the plan; Pursuit of the agency in closing operating budget deficit projected for fiscal 2005; Proposal to raise fares by...
- The road too often taken. // New Hampshire Business Review;12/24/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 27, p10A
This article presents the author's comments on the revenue and budget problems in New Hampshire. The budget deficit is expected to top $300 million, so finding a reasonable way to cover it is at the top of the agenda for lawmakers and the newly elected governor. For decades, whenever New...
- Strapped States Face Hard Choices on Tax Hikes, Budget Cuts. Carvlin, Elizabeth; Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/14/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31800, p26
Reports on the state budget for the Midwest. Budget deficit of Illinois; Proposal of Iowa governor Tom Vilsack for tax increases to augment its budget deficit; Two primary factors that will affect the budget of Michigan; Proposed two-year bonding package for capital projects in Missouri.
- Creating Deficits with Balanced Budgets. Ives, Martin; Calabrese, Thad // Journal of Government Financial Management;Winter2011, Vol. 60 Issue 4, p38
The article presents information on balanced budget, a requirement of every state. The budget is said to be balanced when income from revenue collection is sufficient to pay state expenses. However, financial reports show that states always suffer from some kind of financial deficit. In this...