Beating the Estimate
- PENNSYLVANIA: Collections Below Budget. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;11/9/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33213, p9
The article reports on the status of the year-to-date revenue collections in Pennsylvania in 2009. It notes that the collections of the state are 160.2 million dollars below the budgeted revenues. Its sluggish personal income tax and sale tax receipts has accounted for most of the revenue gap....
- December to Remember. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;1/13/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32049, p27
The article reports that Georgia's revenue collections in December 2004 totaled to US$1.3 billion, a 24.7% increase over the same month in fiscal year 2004.
- Nonrecurring Revenue. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;4/5/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31856, p33
Reports on better-than-expected general fund revenue collections in March 2004 announced by Pennsylvania's Department of Revenue. Increase in revenue collection for one-year period; Secretary of Revenue Gregory Fajt's attribution of the increase to nonrecurring revenues.
- PENNSYLVANIA. // Sales & Use Tax Alert;2/1/2008, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p7
The article reports on the issuance of a tax update by the Pennsylvania Department of Revenue that discusses the voluntary disclosure program. Only taxpayers who are not registered with the Department of Revenue can participate in the voluntary disclosure program. Sales taxes are not covered in...
- Asymmetric discounting of gains and losses: A query theory account. Appelt, Kirstin; Hardisty, David; Weber, Elke // Journal of Risk & Uncertainty;Oct2011, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p107
People discount delayed gains (where the default is to receive a smaller gain sooner) more than accelerated gains (where the default is to receive a larger gain later). For losses, the pattern reverses-people discount delayed losses less than accelerated losses. In Study 1, confirming a Query...
- New accounting standard is set to slash turnover for Millfield. Greenwood, John // Money Marketing;3/25/2004, p1
Reports on the new accounting standards that bans the practice of booking revenue when work is submitted in Great Britain. Consequences brought about by the ruling to any independent financial advisers; Significance of the ruling in slashing turnover for Millfield; Impact of the regulation on...
- State tax revenue in March slightly less than expected. Veronikis, Eric // Central Penn Business Journal;4/8/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 15, p2
The article reports that Pennsylvania's tax revenue in March 2011 is 0.3 percent less than expected as revealed by the state Department of Revenue.
- Pennsylvania to Collect Internet Sales Tax. R. B. // JCK;Feb2012, Vol. 143 Issue 2, p36
The article focuses on the announcement of the Pennsylvania Department of Revenue regarding its plans to start collecting sales tax from out-of-state remote sellers with a nexus in the state.
- Pa. budget shortfall improving. Scott, Jason // Central Penn Business Journal;4/13/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 16, p2
The article presents the report from Pennsylvania Department of Revenue which reveals that the commonwealth's 2011-2012 budget shortfall has decreased to 389.9 million dollars in March 2012.