Nebraska Power District Selling $110M for Wind Plant
- Georgia Utility Offering Notes for Two New Nuclear Power Plant Units. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;4/23/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33103, p8
The article focuses on the plan of the Municipal Electric Authority of Georgia (MEAG) to sell $200 million of bond anticipation notes to finance the construction of two nuclear power plant units in Georgia. It mentions that the new units that will cost more than $11 billion to build are expected...
- Nebraska District Deal Part of Trend Among Midwest Power Agencies. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/7/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32563, p8
The article reports on the plans of Nebraska Public Power District to issue $94 million of taxable auction-rate revenue bonds fun upgrades to its Cooper Nuclear Station in Nebraska. According to the report, the deal comes as an increasing number of municipal power agencies in the Midwest issue...
- Quiet Heroics, Dedicated Heroes. // Hispanic Times Magazine;Oct/Nov1999, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p37
Reports on the employment opportunities at the United States Nuclear Regulatory Commission. Contact information.
- Online services from the Nuclear Regulatory Commission. // Journal of Environmental Health;Mar1996, Vol. 58 Issue 7, p23
Reports that the Nuclear Regulatory Commission is providing a number of agency documents and notices through no-fee computer dial-up and Internet services. Contact information.
- NRC places plants on list. Hansen, Teresa // Electric Light & Power;Jun96, Vol. 74 Issue 6, p23
Reports on the Nuclear Regulatory Commission's (NRC) placement of seven nuclear units on its watch list due to various operations and personnel problems.
- NRC amends regulations on recordkeeping tactics. // Professional Safety;Aug96, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p42
Reports on the US Nuclear Regulatory Commission's (NRC) amendment of its regulations regarding companies that transfer or terminate licenses.
- Nuclear watchdog agency shows signs of losing bite. Spotts, Peter // Christian Science Monitor;6/4/96, Vol. 88 Issue 132, p1
Reports on the problems facing the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) in the United States as whisleblowers say the agency is lax in its oversight and regulatory duties. Growing danger of a serious nuclear accident; Problems revealed by studying NRC documents and transcripts; Issues raised by...
- By-the-book NRC chief starts to shake up old-boy agency. Spotts, Peter N. // Christian Science Monitor;6/25/96, Vol. 88 Issue 147, p1
Describes the US Nuclear Regulatory Commission's (NRC) functions. Dealing with problems at the NRC plants; Background on Doctor Shirley Jackson's management of NRC functions; Focus on lingering problems in plants including Illinois' Dresden plant; Issues tackled including standardization of...
- Nuclear safety. // Christian Science Monitor;6/25/96, Vol. 88 Issue 147, p20
Evaluates the status of the US Nuclear Regulatory Commission. Implications of reliance on utilities' word by NRC inspectors; NRC chairman Shirley Jackson's determination to address NRC issues; Questions of utilities' personal liability for NRC operations.