Penn. HFA's Historic Year
- An Open Door for Swaps. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;11/25/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31520, p1
Reports that administrative agencies involved in interest rates swaps have entered the derivatives market in New York City under the influence of finance legislation. Significant development in the interest rates swaps; Improvement in the debt management; Reduction in borrowing costs.
- Texas county, hospital district weigh suit over bad advice on swap deal. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;07/27/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30691, p3
Reports that the El Paso County Hospital District and the government of El Paso County, Texas, have considered filing a lawsuit against a law firm that advised them to enter an interest rate swap agreement that was declared illegal by the state Attorney General's Office. Controversies arising...
- Swaps drop as base rate rise moves further away. Norman, Tessa // Mortgage Strategy;5/9/2011, p8
The article reports on the performance of swap rates in April 2011 as market expectations of an interest rate rise before the end of the year diminish, which fell by almost 0.4 percent from 3.05 percent on April 5 to 2.66 percent on May 5.
- Asymmetric Information and Interest Rate Swaps. Sharma, Maneesh // American Business Review;May94, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p76
Discusses findings of a study which showed that information asymmetry may influence the growth in interest rate swaps. Lowering of the default risk premium to maximize the equity holder's wealth; Relationship between asymmetry of information and the resultant usage of swap; Market information...
- Deriving insights into derivatives. Rousseau, Roland // Finweek;3/20/2008, Special section p3
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Willi Jonker on how sub-prime risks emerged and finally overflowed and another one by Tanja Tippett on interest rate swaps.
- Interest rate swap founds an interesting case. // Lawyer (Online Edition);2/22/2013, p35
The article mentions a situation in which a banking deal can be done and financial arrangements can be discussed in relation to the interest rate swap.
- Market watch. Cornell, Jonathan // Mortgage Strategy;8/11/2008, p14
The author reflects on the performance of the interest rate swaps in the property market in Great Britain for 2008. He reveals that the interest rate swaps in the market have declined by 1% as well as the fixed interest rates. He highlights several successful activities of companies, including...
- marketwatch. Cornell, Jonathan // Mortgage Strategy;7/13/2009, p12
The article presents the author's discussion on the changes in the housing market in Great Britain. He explores the interest rate swaps in the market wherein he notes that two-year swaps are within 0.46%. He mentions that the speed in which households are paying off their mortgage has increased...
- Neb. HFA Eyes Swap Safety. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;12/15/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33433, p1
The article reports on the Nebraska Investment Finance Authority (NIFA's) move that aimed at helping the authority manage swap risk in Nebraska. It states that NIFA faces a potential problem with debt that is hedged with interest-rate swaps and prepares two-part sale to aid manage swap risk. A...