Southeast: Plain/Insured GO Yield Curves for Jan. 11, 2005
- Heterogeneity, adverse selection and valuation with endogenous labor supply. Bianconi, Marcelo // International Review of Economics & Finance;Jan2008, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p113
Abstract: This paper considers models of intratemporal consumptionï¿½labor choice and intertemporal consumption choice under heterogeneity and private information in preferences towards labor. We show that market regime regarding unemployment insurance is important to determine the effects of...
- How Well Do You Work with the Business? // CIO Insight;Apr2004, Issue 38, p59
There is an increased pressure to calculate the return on information technology investments, and doing so remains a tricky game. Less than one-fifth of the 370 information technology executives who responded to the April 2004 edition of the survey of the periodical â€œCIO Insightâ€ on...
- This Is a Test. Henricks, Mark // Entrepreneur;Dec2004, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p97
Offers entrepreneurs advice on using return on investment (ROI) analysis. Importance of ROI in measuring a firm's financial position; Line items included in the ROI calculation; Use of specialized tools to generate realistic ROI figures.
- Profitability. // A to Z of Management Concepts & Models;5/1/2005, p302
The article provides a basic understanding about the concept of profitability. The term profitability is traditionally used as a synonym for return on investment. Some trends in profitability indicates that it has been extended to describe utility for consumers in relation to costs and that...
- Northeast: Plain/Insured GO Yield Curves for Jan. 6, 2005. // Bond Buyer;1/10/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32046, p35
The article presents a chart of plain and insured general obligations yield curves for January 6, 2005 for the Northeastern states. The ratings for the states are also given in the chart.
- GENERAL OBLIGATION YIELD CURVES FOR MARCH 29, 2011. // Bond Buyer;3/31/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33492, p9
A chart is presented related to the general obligation yield curves for March 29, 2011 in the Southern States.
- ON THE RELATIONS BETWEEN RATES OF RETURN, RISK, AND MARKET STRUCTURE. Winn, Daryl N. // Quarterly Journal of Economics;Feb77, Vol. 91 Issue 1, p157
This article evaluates the relation between three market structural elements- concentration, firm size, and capital-output ratios- and profit risk in the U.S. The appropriate rate-of-return distribution is taken as the ratio of earnings before interest and taxes to year-average total assets. The...
- Foreign Direct Investment in the United States. // Survey of Current Business;Sep2001, Vol. 81 Issue 9, p40
Presents several charts on estimates of the foreign direct investment position in the United States for 1997 to 2000. Alternative position and rate-of-return estimates for foreign direct investment from 1998 to 2000; Foreign direct investment position on a historical-cost basis by account;...
- Time-Varying Skewness in Stock Returns: An Information-Based Explanation. Alles, Lakshman // Quarterly Journal of Business & Economics;Winter/Spring2004, Vol. 43 Issue 1/2, p45
There is evidence of regularities in the skewness of asset returns reported in the literature. The literature, however, offers no adequate explanations for these phenomena. Based on a simulation approach, we provide evidence that at least some aspects of skewness can be explained in terms of...