December to Remember
- Beating the Estimate. // Bond Buyer;1/10/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32046, p35
The article reports that the general fund revenue collections for Pennsylvania are ahead of projections. Secretary of Pennsylvania Department of Revenue of Revenue Gregory C. Fajt said that through December 2004 Pennsylvania had collected an additional 2.5% in general fund revenue.
- Midwest States Sock Away Surprise Surplus. DEVITT, CAITLIN // Bond Buyer;7/15/2013, Vol. 385 Issue 33944, p7
The article offers information on the expectations of U.S. states Ohio and North Dakota to have high funds in the new fiscal year due to the increasing of revenues through income taxes.
- Delaware to Collect $3.02B in Fiscal '06, Up From Estimates. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;9/21/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32222, p7
Reports on the collection of multimillion-dollar of revenue expected by Delaware in fiscal 2006, a 13.7 million-dollar gain from revised estimates in the U.S. Details of the estimation made by the Delaware Economic and Financial Advisory Council (DEFAC); Statement of finance secretary Richard...
- September Surplus. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/13/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32237, p31
Reports on the revenue collections of the state of Alabama for the fiscal year 2005.
- Asymmetric discounting of gains and losses: A query theory account. Appelt, Kirstin; Hardisty, David; Weber, Elke // Journal of Risk & Uncertainty;Oct2011, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p107
People discount delayed gains (where the default is to receive a smaller gain sooner) more than accelerated gains (where the default is to receive a larger gain later). For losses, the pattern reverses-people discount delayed losses less than accelerated losses. In Study 1, confirming a Query...
- New accounting standard is set to slash turnover for Millfield. Greenwood, John // Money Marketing;3/25/2004, p1
Reports on the new accounting standards that bans the practice of booking revenue when work is submitted in Great Britain. Consequences brought about by the ruling to any independent financial advisers; Significance of the ruling in slashing turnover for Millfield; Impact of the regulation on...
- 2006 Potter Year Brings Scholastic Revenues Higher; Doesn't Beat 2004. // Book Publishing Report;7/24/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 28, p1
The article reports on the Scholastic Corp. ( New York) high revenue for fiscal 2006, a year of J.K.Rowling's Harry Potter, in its Book Publishing and Distribution Segment. The fiscal 2004 and 2006 percentage rise and its equivalent revenue in Children's Book Publishing and Distribution is...
- ARKANSAS: Natural Gas Tax Lags. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/11/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33164, p9
The article reports that the state of Arkansas has achieved an actual revenue total of only 11.1 million U.S. dollars during the first month of fiscal 2010. The figure is lesser compared with the 18.8 million U.S. dollars projected by city officials in March 2009. Considering the 11.1 million...
- Business News. // Photo Imaging News (International Edition);6/2/2014, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p11
The article looks at the business performance of the Venlo, Netherlands-based, printing company Vistaprint NV for the 3rd fiscal quarter (Q3) in 2014. It states that they reported net revenues of $286, 185,000 and gross profit of $185, 282, 000. It notes that their revenue for Q3 decreased after...