- Alabama Governor Signs Budget, Eyes Special Session for Schools. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/8/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32191, p4
Announces the approval of Alabama Governor Bob Riley of the 2006 state general fund budget. Plan of Riley to consider a special session to ask legislators to approve a bond bill for school construction and to consider measures to relieve prison overcrowding in the state; Allocation of budget for...
- Alabama's Republican Governor Threatens Veto of Legislature's Tax-Hike Plan. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/19/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31845, p30
Reports on the plan of Alabama Governor Bob Riley to veto a legislation on tax hike plan. Proposed tax increases.
- Jefferson Commissioners to Be Asked To Extend Forbearance Until Feb. 20. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/8/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33018, p36
The article reports that Jefferson County, Alabama commissioners will be asked in a special meeting to extend forbearance agreements on the ailing sewer system debt delaying payments until February 20 2009. Governor Bob Riley has been the facilitator of restructuring negotiations and a plan on...
- Riley Honored. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/13/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31761, p31
Reports on the selection of Alabama Governor Bob Riley as a Public Official of the Year for 2003. Criteria for the selection.
- ANTI-TAX CRY: CRUSH THE HERETIC! Jacobson, Louis // National Journal;9/6/2003, Vol. 35 Issue 36, p2722
Reports on the opposition to the $1.2 billion tax-and-spending plan proposed by Alabama Governor Bob Riley in 2003. Budget deficit posted by the state; Allotment for the tax plan; Interests that support the opposition to the plan; Position of conservatives on the plan; Comments on the...
- Alabama Governor Wants Special Session Accountability. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;2/5/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31815, p32
Reports on the priority of Alabama Governor Bob Riley in restoring public trust. Presentation of a balanced spending plan in 2005; State budget; Shortfall on Medicaid program.
- 'Jesus tax' plan dies. Hansen, Collin // Christianity Today;Nov2003, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p25
Talks about the proposal of Alabama Governor Bob Riley to increase taxes in the state. Reaction of voters to the proposal; Type of economy to be faced by Christians according to a debate surrounding the vote; Effect of the proposal of Governor Riley on churches and Christian organizations. ...
- Does Bible Demand Higher Taxes in Alabama? Moore, Stephen // Human Events;8/25/2003, Vol. 59 Issue 29, p7
Comments on the plan of Republican Alabama Governor Bob Riley to pass a tax increase in the state. Reason behind the plan; Influence of his religious affiliation on his decision; Questions raised concerning the credibility of his basis for an increase in payment rates.
- Without New Revenue, Legislature Lowers Aid. Robelen, Erik W. // Education Week;10/15/2003, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p22
The article offers highlights of the recent legislative sessions in Alabama. Enrollment figures given in the article are based on fall 2002 data reported by state officials for pre-K-12th grade in public elementary and secondary schools. The figures for precollegiate education spending do not...