N.Y.-Based Assured Guaranty Receives License to Operate in California
- CIFG Gets $200M Loan From Parent Company. Helen Chang // Bond Buyer;1/13/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32049, p7
The article reports that CDC IXIS Financial Guaranty has received a US$200 million loan from its parent company Caisse Nationale des Caisses d'Epargne et de Prevoyance that will enable the municipal bond insurer to guarantee larger-sized transactions.
- Assured Leads in 1st Quarter. Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;4/16/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33099, p1
The article reports on the increase of new-issue production of bond insurer Assured Guaranty Corp. in the U.S. The company has increased its production by 31.6% in the first quarter of 2009. It also indicates that Assured wrapped 434 new issues having a par value of $9.3 million in the first...
- AFGI and Its Members Look for Ways to Tap European Market. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;12/7/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32024, p6
The article reports that the members of the Association of Financial Guaranty Insurers assembled with European institutional investors in London, England as part of an industry campaign to make headway in the European market. Unlike the U.S. municipal market--in which about 50% of municipal...
- Assured Guaranty Gets Ready To Stamp Its Logo on CIFG. McGee, Patrick // Bond Buyer;4/21/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33504, p6
The article reports on the announcement of Assured Guaranty Corp. that it would start the process that would eventually lead to directly assured bond insurance policies.
- AFGI Urges Puerto Rico To Close Gap. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;5/3/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32373, p1
The article reports on the warning given by the Association of Financial Guaranty Insurers (AFGI) that Puerto is in danger of losing access to bond insurance and affordable market access if its credit falls to junk status. AFGI urged the government to take immediate legislative action to close...
- Structured Finance Profitability Falls 26%. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;10/19/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31992, p6
Reports on the decline of profitability for bond insurers in the U.S. structured finance. Activity of credit enhancers; Competition among insurers.
- MBIA Says It Will Resume Doing Business in Oklahoma. Chang, Helen; Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;1/10/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32046, p1
The article reports that MBIA Insurance Corp. has decided that it would again bid to insure state and local bond issues in Oklahoma. Troubled jail revenue bonds, issued by the Grady County Industrial Authority in 1999, led MBIA in July 2004 to cease insuring any new state and local issues. The...
- Alabama County's $650M of Warrants Highlight Short Calendar. Albano, Christine; Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;12/20/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32033, p6
The article reports that Jefferson County, Alabama, plans to price $650 million of fixed-rate limited obligation school warrants in a transaction that was postponed last week and is no longer expected to carry bond insurance. It will be the largest offering to brave the holiday-abbreviated week,...
- Assured Guaranty Shrugs Off Moody's Downgrade. CHIN, TONYA // Bond Buyer;2/5/2013, Vol. 383 Issue 33856, p1
The article offers information on the impact of lower grades assigned by Moody's Investors Service Inc. to Assured Guaranty Municipal Corp. (AGM) and Assured Guaranty Corp. (AGC). It mentions that the downgrades did not affect the valuation of the bond insurance product of AGM in the U.S. bond...