S&P Finds Most Muni Issuers Score on the Lower-Risk End
- Keeping Score on Swaps. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;9/30/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31980, p1
Reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. has released the outline of their newly developed scoring system in the U.S. Use of the system to measure municipal derivatives risk; Development of the system in response to the increased use of derivatives; Components used by the system.
- S&P to begin publicly rating credit default swaps. A. P. // Asset Securitization Report;9/18/2006, Vol. 6 Issue 35, p7
The article reports on the decision of Standard and Poor's Corp. to assign swap risk ratings to all rated credit default swaps in the U.S. This move will be primarily applicable to the global synthetic collateralized debt obligation sector. Swap risk ratings will be issued publicly and all...
- CALIFORNIA: S&P Drops Revenue Debt. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;2/6/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33057, p9
The article reports on the decision of rating agency Standard & Poor's Corp. (S&P) to decrease the underlying rating on California's lease revenue bonds to A-minus from A. It notes that the move followed the agency's decision to downgrade the state's general obligation bond rating to A from...
- Brunswick County, N.C., GOs Upgraded to AA-Plus by S&P. // Bondbuyer.com;4/8/2015, p14
The article focuses on the announcement by Standard & Poor's Ratings Services of its decision to raise its rating on the general obligation debt of BrunswickCounty, North Carolina as well as the county's appropriation-backed debt one notch to AA from AA-minus.
- Greenville, Ala., Upgraded to A by S&P. // Bondbuyer.com;12/3/2014, p13
The article reports that the general obligation (GO) debt of Greenville, Alaska, was raised from A-minus to A by the financial services company Standard & Poor's Ratings Services.
- Atwater's Water Boost. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;11/4/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32253, p35
Reports on the upgrade of Atwater, California's rating for sewer and water refunding bonds by credit rating agency Standard & Poor's Corp.
- Standard & Poor's: New Texas Swap Law Won't Hurt Ratings. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;7/11/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32668, p4
The article reports on the statement of Standard & Poor's Corp. that Texas law allowing more state agencies and local governments to use interest rate swaps and other derivatives is not expected to have any immediate impact on ratings. According to credit analyst Sarah Smaardyk, throughout the...
- Chicago BOE Situation Watched by S&P; No Action Now. // Bondbuyer.com;3/24/2015, p33
The article reports on the potential reaction of the Chicago Board of Education (CBOE) in Illinois to possible swap termination payments that is being monitored by Standard & Poor's Ratings Services following the downgrade of CBOE's general obligation (GO) debt. Several avenues for CBOE to...
- S&P Downgrade of LOC Provider Hits 27 Muni Credits. Meyers, Maxwell // Bond Buyer;12/9/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32275, p4
The article focuses on the impact of a downgrade credit rating of Landesbank Hessen-Thueringen Girozentrale or Helaba by Standard & Poor's Corp. As a result of the downgrade the agency had to lower its long-term debt rating on 27 different municipal credits that are backed by a letter of credit...