Mississippi's Barbour Stresses Jobs, Education, and Reforms in Speech
- Barbour: We Spent Too Much. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/8/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33346, p9
The article offers views from Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour concerning the failure of the state to meet its revenue projections in fiscal 2010.
- Mississippi Governor Calls Special Session to Hammer Out Budget. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/13/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32132, p3
This article reports that after more than a month of negotiating with legislative leaders, Governor of Mississippi Haley Barbour called a special session of the Legislature to finish working on the state budget for fiscal 2006 that starts July 1. Barbour wants lawmakers to reconsider an economic...
- Gov. Barbour refrains from criticizing Romney on bid. Miller, Sean J. // Hill;4/13/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 51, p24
The article reports on the forbearing of Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour to criticize Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney for his state's health care system in a meeting in Capitol Hill.
- Grand Old Party. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/13/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31761, p31
Reports on the preparations made for the inauguration of Haley Barbour, second Republican governor in Mississippi. Budget for the campaign period; Salary of Barbour at the beginning of his four-year term; Oath of the officials.
- Mississippi Governor to Headline State GOP Gala. BURDETTE, WHITNEY // State Journal (WV);8/19/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 32, p8
The article reports that Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour will headline the West Virginia Lincoln-Reagan Gala on September 17, 2011 at the Charleston Civic Center.
- MISSISSIPPI: Barbour Bears Bad News. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/5/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33212, p9
The article reports on the claim of Governor Haley Barbour that Mississippi's revenue collection continues to fall behind the year-to-year comparisons and budget projections. With this development, the governor ordered all state agency heads to prepare for more budget cuts. The revenue for...
- Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour Offers Fiscal 2009 Budget. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;1/25/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32802, p6
The article reports on the presentation of Gov. Haley Barbour's fiscal 2009 general fund budget to the Legislature on January 24, 2008 in Mississippi. The proposed budget contains no new debt spending, as expected and provides $314.5 million for payment on outstanding bonds in 2009. Receiving...
- Mississippi Governor Calls Session for Health Care Plant. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/12/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32172, p4
Reports that Governor Haley Barbour has called the Legislature into a special session to consider a multi-million dollar bond financing in Bradenton, Florida. Aid of the financing to help Baxter Healthcare Corp. with technology improvement that would protect jobs at the firm's plant; Need for...
- MISSISSIPPI: Barbour, Agencies at Odds. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/1/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33193, p9
The article reports that Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour has warned lawmakers to be conservative in approving agency budget requests. According to Barbour, many agencies are submitting budget requests for increased funding over their fiscal 2010 levels. However, he believes that the budget...