Prince William County, Va., May See $1.72B of GOs Over 13 Years
- Political capital? Look no further than the GOP. Gibbons, Valerie // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;3/5/2004, Issue 323213, p3
Reports on the passage of California's recovery bond as well as Proposition 58 at a reference held. Efforts of governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to promote the deficit bond; Bipartisan theme of the campaign; Goal of the propositions to refinance existing debt from the shortfall in last year's...
- Detroit Eyes Debt Vote. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/28/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31935, p27
Cites the plan of the city council of Detroit, Michigan to vote on a measure that would ask voters in November 2004 to authorize bonds for several capital projects in 2006. Provisions of the proposed measure; Implications for the municipal bonds market.
- Power Utility Mergers in N.Y., N.J. May Affect Muni Market. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;2/28/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32328, p4
The article discusses the influence of the mergers and acquisitions among New York and New Jersey power providers in the municipal bond market. The planned 7.3 billion acquisition of KeySpan Corp. by National Grid affected the market by roughly $804 million of KeySpan debt, also affecting the...
- California Bond Election Negotiations Begin to Heat Up as Deadline Looms. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;3/10/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32336, p36
The article reports on the ongoing negotiations in Sacramento as the deadline looms to place a major infrastructure bond package on California's June 6, 2006 primary ballot. Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger has outlined his infrastructure plan, proposing a spending package that included $68...
- Munis Firm as Heavy Calendar Draws Bidders. Curran, William; Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;5/25/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32389, p2
The article focuses on the status of municipal bonds in the U.S. Bidders are enticed into the market due to new bond issues including the one billion-dollar of Illinois State Toll Highway Authority bonds. According to traders, tax-exempt yields decline by two or three basis points as dealers...
- Munis Continue to Weaken on Treasury Performance, $8 Billion in New Issues. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;3/30/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31852, p2
Focuses on the weak performance of municipal bonds in the United States during the March 30, 2004 session. Amount of new issues in the market; Total worth of Florida-based Miami-Dade County's aviation revenue and revenue refunding bond offerings on behalf of Miami International Airport.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;5/6/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31878, p33
Presents charts and graphs on the municipal bond market in the U.S. as of May 6, 2004. Market indicators; Short-term tax-exempt yields; Securities prices; Municipal market data general obligation yields; Visible supply declines; New-issue balances; One-year note index; Reoffering yields;...
- Big Deals From Houston, Washington Should Boost Yields. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;5/17/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31885, p6
Reports on the volume of primary market municipal bond deals in the U.S. for the week of May 17, 2004. Major deals from various states; Yields expected by investors; Pricing of deals; Use of proceeds from the transactions.
- Slow Session Sees Munis Little Changed Ahead of Jobs Report. // Bond Buyer;6/4/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31898, p2
Reports that municipal bonds in the U.S. finished little changed on June 3, 2004, in muted trading as the market treaded ahead of the May employment report on June 4, 2004. Key issues of interest; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant issues; Implications on the bond market.