Prince William County, Va., May See $1.72B of GOs Over 13 Years
- Political capital? Look no further than the GOP. Gibbons, Valerie // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;3/5/2004, Issue 323213, p3
Reports on the passage of California's recovery bond as well as Proposition 58 at a reference held. Efforts of governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to promote the deficit bond; Bipartisan theme of the campaign; Goal of the propositions to refinance existing debt from the shortfall in last year's...
- Detroit Eyes Debt Vote. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/28/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31935, p27
Cites the plan of the city council of Detroit, Michigan to vote on a measure that would ask voters in November 2004 to authorize bonds for several capital projects in 2006. Provisions of the proposed measure; Implications for the municipal bonds market.
- Prices Slip a Bit Ahead of Heavier Week in Primary. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;2/28/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32328, p2
The article discusses a positive sign in municipal bond market as it started a more active week of new issues as a drop in new home sales was not sufficient to take tax-exempt and government bonds higher, after widespread expectations of more rate hikes by the Federal Reserve Board. The Bond...
- Power Utility Mergers in N.Y., N.J. May Affect Muni Market. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;2/28/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32328, p4
The article discusses the influence of the mergers and acquisitions among New York and New Jersey power providers in the municipal bond market. The planned 7.3 billion acquisition of KeySpan Corp. by National Grid affected the market by roughly $804 million of KeySpan debt, also affecting the...
- Munis Little Changed as Market Awaits Non-Farm Numbers. Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;3/10/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32336, p2
The article examines the status of municipal bonds in the United States as the market waits for the February 2006 non-farm payrolls report. According to traders, intermediate paper was slightly weaker during the midday of March 9 but improved by the end of the session. The author also examines...
- California Bond Election Negotiations Begin to Heat Up as Deadline Looms. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;3/10/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32336, p36
The article reports on the ongoing negotiations in Sacramento as the deadline looms to place a major infrastructure bond package on California's June 6, 2006 primary ballot. Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger has outlined his infrastructure plan, proposing a spending package that included $68...
- Munis Firm as Heavy Calendar Draws Bidders. Curran, William; Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;5/25/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32389, p2
The article focuses on the status of municipal bonds in the U.S. Bidders are enticed into the market due to new bond issues including the one billion-dollar of Illinois State Toll Highway Authority bonds. According to traders, tax-exempt yields decline by two or three basis points as dealers...
- Munis Continue to Weaken on Treasury Performance, $8 Billion in New Issues. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;3/30/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31852, p2
Focuses on the weak performance of municipal bonds in the United States during the March 30, 2004 session. Amount of new issues in the market; Total worth of Florida-based Miami-Dade County's aviation revenue and revenue refunding bond offerings on behalf of Miami International Airport.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, March 29. // Bond Buyer;3/30/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31852, p2
Presents a chart depicting the performance of the municipal bond market in the United States during the March 29, 2004 trading session.