Revenue Growth Helps Shrink New York's Projected Gap
- CFO: City Will Turn to Agency Cash to Balance Fiscal 2002 Books. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/29/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31437, p4
Reports the closure of a potential budget gap in the fiscal year in Washington D.C. Conversion of the revenue in the fiscal year; Cause of the budget gap; Confidence of the rating agency analysts on the ability of the district to avert a fiscal crisis.
- Malloy's Budget Plan. BURTON, PAUL // Bond Buyer;12/17/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33830, p1
The article offers information on the budget deficit- mitigation plan of Connecticut's Governor Dannel Malloy. It mentions that the deficit-mitigation plan is focusing at eliminating a state's shortfall that ranges from 365 million U.S. dollars to 415 million U.S. dollars. It also informs that...
- Deficits. Thredgold, Jeff // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;8/11/2008, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p9
The author reflects on the increased annual budget deficit in the U.S. for the fiscal year 2008. According to the U.S. government, the cause of the deficits include the near-stagnant U.S. economy. He believes that the Democratic leadership has performed miserably in controlling spending. He...
- Todd Stroger inherits a crisis. Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;7/3/2006, Vol. 29 Issue 27, p2
The article presents information related to Todd Stroger, who will be the next Board president of Cook County, Illinois. In his new position as the board president he will inherit some pretty big problems, from a structural budget deficit to unprecedented public fights among county bureaucrats....
- Budget deficit lower than seen. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;6/12/2014, pA02
The federal gov't ran a deficit of $130 bil in May, shy of the $139 bil expected and 6% lower than in May '13. The fiscal year-to-date deficit of $436 bil is 30% lower than in fiscal '13. The gov't collected $200 bil and spent $330 bil.
- Federal budget deficit slides. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;4/11/2014, pA02
The monthly deficit sank to $36.9 bil in March, lower than the $132 bil expected. Revenues rose $29.8 bil on the year and outlays fell by $39.8 bil. The year-to-date deficit is $413.3 bil, $187.2 bil less than at this point in FY13.
- Here's a plan to balance state budget. Parry, Michael // Grand Rapids Business Journal;9/21/2009, Vol. 27 Issue 39, p12
The author suggests some measures for eliminating Michigan's budget deficit. He asserts that the only way to eliminate a budget deficit without an increase in tax revenue is to reduce costs. He cites the misconception that reducing costs means cutting services and payroll costs. He presents an...
- Shortfall Follows Surplus in the 'Hardest Year' Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;3/8/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31836, Bond Buyer p62
Reports on the shortfall of West Virginia in its fiscal 2005 budget. Budget deficit; Expansion of projected revenue; Factors that contribute to the shortfall.
- Budget deficit continues slide. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;12/12/2013, pA02
The federal deficit was $132.5 bil in Nov. vs. $172.1 bil a year ago â€” a steeper fall than expected. It has shrunk 22% in the fiscal year which began Oct. 1. Year-on-year revenues rose to $182.5 bil from $161.7 bil, and spending declined to $317.7 bil from $333.8 bil.