Scott Stovall Named Director of New Mexico's Board of Finance
- New Mexico Treasurer Brown Names New Six-Member Management Team. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;12/30/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32289, p32
The article reports on the appointment of six-member management team by New Mexico Treasurer Douglas M. Brown to lead in the restoration of public confidence and trust. Scott Stovall was appointed to the new position of cash manager. Dennis Hazlett has been selected to become assistant state...
- Telling Our Stories. Clark, Timothy B. // Government Executive;5/1/2004, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p6
Presents an introduction to the articles published in the May 2004 issue of the journal "Government Executive."
- Picking Appointees. Lawrence, Paul R.; Abramson, Mark A. // Government Executive;Oct2011, Vol. 43 Issue 12, p72
The article presents the authors' comments on political appointees in the U.S. It is argued that in order to make government work more effectively, it is important to have political appointees who posses the right experience for agencies' unique management challenges. It is commented that...
- WASHINGTON NOTEBOOK. BOOKER, SIMEON // Ebony;Feb1975, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p28
The article discusses how having the right connections to influential white politicians has provided average middle class African Americans the opportunity for appointments to local and federal government posts.
- Q: What's the best prank you've pulled on someone (or that was pulled on you)? Rothstein, Betsy; Yager, Jordy; Kitto, Kris // Hill;4/1/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 38, p34
The article presents the statements from several government officials in the U.S. regarding their funny experience in the office.
- Names in the News. // Securities Industry News;10/3/2005, Vol. 17 Issue 32, p22
Presents updates on business and government executives involved in the securities industry in the U.S. as of October 3, 2005. Departure of Patrick J. McCarty from the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission; Appointment of Gary Linieres at Financial Objects; Selection of Richard Y. Roberts,...
- PRINCIPAL GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Liechtenstein;Aug2004, p4
Provides information on the principal government officials of Liechtenstein as of August 2004. Government executive of Finance, Families and Equal Rights, Building and Construction; Attorney General; Ambassador to the U.S.; Permanent Representative to the United Nations.
- GOVERNMENT AND POLITICAL CONDITIONS. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Republic of Mozambiq;Mar2005, p5
Presents information on the government and political conditions of Mozambique. Type of government; Components of the executive branch; Principal government officials as of March 2005.
- The NIMTOF Syndrome. Frederickson, H. George // PA Times;May2007, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p11
The author reflects on the concept of the Not in My Term of Office (NIMTOF) syndrome among public officials in the U.S. He states that the acronym describes the evident inability of public officers to address some of the most disturbing public policy challenges. Furthermore, it explains the...