Boston Fed President Urges Rise In Savings
- Boston Fed President Minehan to Retire. Smith, Nicole M. // Bond Buyer;1/12/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32546, p2
The article reports on Cathy E. Minehan's plan to retire as head of the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston in 2007. She has a vote on the Federal Open Market Committee for the year. Minehan has headed the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston since 1994. She cites the desire to move on in the interest of...
- Technology and growth: An overview. Fuhrer, Jeffrey C.; Little, Jane Sneddon // New England Economic Review;Nov/Dec96, p3
Presents an overview of topics discussed at the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston's fourth economic conference in June 1996 about technology and Economic growth. Includes the keynote address on the networked bank; Discussion on technology in growth theory; Examination of the uncertainty and...
- In the industry. Cocheo, Steve // ABA Banking Journal;Oct95, Vol. 87 Issue 10, p10
Focuses on the results of the Boston Federal Reserve Bank's 1992 study of mortgage lending patterns. Statistics of results; Finalization of release of code of best practices in mid August 1995; Receipt of bank loans by small businesses.
- Boston fed extends search for president. // American Banker;4/21/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 76, p9
Reports on the search of Federal Reserve Board of Boston for a president. Possible candidates; Use of a search firm by the company; Cathy Minehan as acting president of the bank.
- The Federal Fiscal Outlook. Raykov, Radoslav; Triest, Robert // Research Review;Jan-Aug2004, Issue 1, p17
Presents an abstract of "The Federal Fiscal Outlook," an article published by the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Murder most misunderstood. // New Hampshire Business Review;04/21/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p3
Comments on an article published at the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston's `Regional Review' magazine on the reasons for the significant decline in murder rate in the United States from 1993 to 1998.
- Bank of Boston freed from Fed strictures. // American Banker;10/12/1993, Vol. 158 Issue 195, p6
Reports on the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston's lifting of restrictions imposed on the Bank of Boston Corp. in 1991. Requirement of regulatory approval for financial transactions; Remarks by Ira Stepanian, bank chairman.
- A WIN FOR THE FED. // U.S. Banker;Jan2002, Vol. 112 Issue 1, p11
Reports on the mistakes made by the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston in estimating the number of checks it processed each year. Impact of the erroneous estimates on the pace by which electronic bill payments are replacing checks.
- State Growth Expected at 3.3%. // BusinessWest;11/13/2006, Vol. 23 Issue 15, p58
The article presents the quarterly report on MassBenchmarks Leading Economic Index (MLEI) published by the University of Massachusetts Donahue Institute and the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston. MLEI is a forecast of growth in the current index over the next six months, expressed at an annual...