Meatless for Diabetics
- Opening Day Offerings. // Food Management;Jul2006, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p16
The article reports that the Delaware North Companies Sportservice (DNCS) has given low-cal, low-fat, low-carb, and vegetarian foods to concession stands at ballparks throughout the country. DNCS will also offer fresh experience cookery for guests to have the opportunity to watch as their...
- Effects of a Very Low-Fat, Vegan Diet in Subjects with Rheumatoid Arthritis. McDougall, John; Bruce, Bonnie; Spiller, Gene; Westerdahl, John; McDougall, Mary // Journal of Alternative & Complementary Medicine;Feb2002, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p71
Objective: To demonstrate the effects of a very low-fat, vegan diet on patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA). Design: Single-blind dietary intervention study. Subjects and study interventions: This study evaluated the influence of a 4-week, very low-fat (~10%), vegan diet on 24 free-living...
- The Healthier Way to Lose Weight. Caperonis, Daphna // Natural Health;May/Jun2001, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p73
Discusses means by which the author lose weight by eating a low-fat vegetarian diet. Reason why so many weight loss diets fail; Best type of exercise in weight loss; Nutrition tips for individuals seeking to lose weight.
- Nutrition Research: PCRM Tackles Diabetes and Obesity. // Good Medicine;Winter2005, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p14
Presents updates on research activities of the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM) related to nutrition as of 2005. Information on the study conducted by PCRM regarding the efficacy of a low-fat, vegan diet for individuals with type 2 diabetes; Publication of a report by Doctor...
- Vegetarian menu focus. // Publican's Morning Advertiser;5/9/2013, Issue 101, p30
The article focuses on the new vegetarian menu of the restaurant Tickell Arms in Whittlesford, Cambridgeshire, England that has been introduced in an effort to drive food and drink sales at the pub.
- Vegan Diets Lower Chronic Disease Risk. // Good Medicine;Fall2008, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p13
The article discusses a research on the efficacy of low-fat vegetarian diet in treating type 2 diabetes, with reference to a study published in the "Journal of the American Diebetic Association." It compares the Alternate Healthy Eating Index of the participants assigned to a low-fat,...
- meatless mornings. Each, Molly // Plate;Jul/Aug2016, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p66
The article offers information on several vegetarian foods for breakfast that can provides same nutrition like meat and eggs, and views of chefs Rob Shaner and Mollie Engelhart on vegetarian cooking.
- Targeting Diabetes. Barnard, Neal D. // Good Medicine;Fall2006, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p6
The article focuses on a study which has shown that a low-fat vegan diet treats type 2 diabetes more effectively than a standard diabetes diet and may be more effective than single-agent therapy with oral diabetes drugs. The study was conducted by doctors and dietitians with the Physicians...
- A Vegan Diet How-To Guide for Diabetes. // Good Medicine;Fall2006, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p8
The article presents a vegan diet how-to guide for diabetes. The cornerstone to treating type 2 diabetes is diet changes. It reveals part of the value of a low-fat, plant-based diet. Diabetics should avoid animal-derived products and avoid added vegetable oils. It discusses the glycemic index....