- SPICE of Life. Hemphill, Ian // Chef Educator Today;Winter2006, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p17
The author presents tips on the importance of spices and herbs in producing tasty recipes and menus which can be taught in various culinary schools. He believes that spices offer great contribution in enhancing the flavor and taste of food. He also enumerated a list of his favorite spices used...
- McCORMICK SPICE TIPS. // Restaurant Business;11/1/2003, Vol. 102 Issue 18, p59
Toasting spices for a few seconds before using adds loads of flavor. This tip and many others can be found in a new booklet from McCormick. It's available in the Flavor by Design menu-building program.
- A TIME FOR SPICES. Allen, Michael // Saturday Evening Post;Sep1983, Vol. 255 Issue 6, p90
The article discusses the use of spices both for cooking and medicinal value. In ancient times, a variety of spices were used for various purposes. Pepper was demanded for the ransom of Rome in the early 5th century. Cinnamon was used by the Egyptian Queen Hotshepsut an perfume ingredient....
- Fresh Herbs: For Big Flavors the Easy Way. Warrick, Sheridan // Health (Time Inc. Health);Sep99, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p129
Presents several recipes with herbs. Grill Vegetable Pasta With Basil; Rosemary Pork With Peaches and Green Beans; Citrus-Cilantro Chicken Breast With Orange Salsa. INSETS: How to Grill Vegetables;Parmesan-Walnut Polenta With Mushroom Sauce.
- It's About Thyme. Bittman, Mark // Bon Appetit;Nov2002, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p110
Presents several recipes using herbs for Thanksgiving dinner in the U.S. Ingredients needed for 'Cabbage Soup with Apples and Thyme'; Procedure for cooking 'Butterflied Leg of Lamb with Thyme and Orange'; Serving suggestion for 'Thyme and Garlic Cheese Dip.'
- fast and easy. // Australian Women's Weekly;May2004, Vol. 74 Issue 5, p214
Presents several recipes with herbs and spices, including Japanese-Style Chicken and Egg on Rice.
- Spice It Up. Seaman, Tracey // Vegetarian Times;Aug99, Issue 264, p14
Presents recipes using herbs. Zucchini-Corn Pancakes; Roasted Corn Succotash; Roasted Pepper and Tomato Soup.
- WISCONSIN MILK MARKETING BOARD RECIPES. // Restaurant Business;11/1/2003, Vol. 102 Issue 18, p56
The Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board has a collection of spicy recipes with several including hot Wisconsin cheeses like Jalapeno Pepper or Hot Pepper Jack. The Nuevo Latino Shrimp and Wisconsin Smoked Cheddar Grits are created by Anthony Lamas from the Jicama Grill in Kentucky uses an on-trend...
- ADD SPICE. // Vegetarian Times;Nov/Dec2008, Issue 363, p18
The article discusses a study in the "Journal of Medicinal Food," which focuses on the health benefits of herbs and spices. The study found that the greater the extracts' content of antioxidant-rich compounds known as phenols, the more they protected against tissue damage and inflammation caused...