NYU Hears the Echo
- U. of Rochester now contracted. // FoodService Director;09/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p12
Reports on the conversion of the University of Rochester, New York to ARAMARK from self-operation in July 1998. Makeover of the convenience store; Food service operation changes instituted.
- The Starbucks Effect. Snyder, Martin // Academe;Jan/Feb2006, Vol. 92 Issue 1, p70
This article reports on the decision of the Starbucks coffee shop at Baylor University in Waco, Texas to remove cups with a quotation from Armistead Maupin after a faculty member complained, as of January 2006. It discusses the complaint raised by the faculty member, how Starbucks use coffee...
- NYU board-plan adds tri-concept. // FoodService Director;2/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p29
Reports that Weinstein dorm, a board-plan dining hall at the New York University will debut the concept called Harvest Market on February 1997. Features of Harvest Market's three-in-one concept.
- stop-gap MEASURES. Williams, Geoff // Entrepreneur;Sep2000, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p88
Looks at the prospects of a business partnership between Generation Xers and Baby boomers. Characteristics of both age groups; Factors to consider in business partnership. INSET: WHEN IT DOESN'T WORK.
- WITH NEW ARAMARK PROGRAM: CAMPUS FOOD GETS REAL. // FoodService Director;1/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p9
Deals with the Real Food on Campus program of food service company Aramark. Demands of college students for cafeteria food; Options offered in the program; Elements of the brand.
- 54% AT UNIV.-NEW HAMPSHIRE: C-store boosts campus retail. // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p5
Reports on the opening of the Philbrook Cafe, a cafe-convenience store, at the University of New Hampshire. Estimated sales per day of the cafe; National and in-house brands serving at the store; Cost Construction cost of the store; Features of the cafe-convenience store.
- Still growing on-campus. Hirschfeld, Jeff // FoodService Director;10/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p78
Focuses on convenience-store (c-store) retailing at several colleges and universities in the United States. Combination c-store coffee shop at the College of the Holy Cross' Worcester, Massachusetts campus; Merchandising strategies of c-stores located within the University of Tennessee's...
- Designing the ideal coffee island. // National Petroleum News;Mar2003, Vol. 95 Issue 3, p36
Gives advice on establishing a cafe island within a convenience store. Factors to consider during the planning stage; Importance of selecting the right equipment for the business.
- Raising the Bar. Vigna, Jeanne-Michele // Convenience Store News;08/28/2000, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p35
Focuses on the strategies of convenience stores (c-stores) in coping with the increasing demand for higher-quality and better coffee in the United States. Installation of in-store coffee bars and high-quality hot beverages; Development of breakplace coffee-bar program by c-stores; Purpose of...