Deluge clears new path
- Making Desserts Healthier. Holaday, Susan // FoodService Director;10/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p70
The article deals with the efforts of hospitals in the U.S. to serve healthy desserts. Executive chef of Akron Children's Hospital Cathy Barko in Ohio incorporates healthier desserts to their menus by offering sugar-free puddings and popsicles to patients to satisfy their sweet tooth. At...
- Hospital Says Bye to Trans Fats. // FoodService Director;11/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p4
The article reports that Concord Hospital is finishing the process of removing all trans fats from its menus. The initiative, which began in April 2006, is 80 percent complete, according to Foodservice Director Tom Serafin. While eliminating trans fats, Serafin has also been working to reduce...
- Hospital does double-take. // FoodService Director;1/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p6
Reports on the increase in sales of the cafeteria at Silverton Hospital in Oregon since its implementation of room service programs. Percentage of patients who rated Silverton's foodservice as excellent according to the internal mail-back survey conducted by the hospital; Components of the...
- TO OFFSET CUSTOMER TRAFFIC: Stony Brook mulls kiosks. // FoodService Director;2/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p8
Looks at the condition of the food service sector at Stony Brook University Hospital in New York as of February 15, 2003. Plans of foodservice officials for the hospital's food servicing unit; Consideration for the use of kiosks as an alternative to cafeteria.
- A `STOP' FOR SRS: California hospital is open to the public. // FoodService Director;06/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p8
Features the Le Cafe hospital cafeteria of Simi Valley Hospital in California. Quality of food and description of the atmosphere; Category of the menu; Remarks from patients.
- In Employee/Visitor Cafeteria: CA hosp. aims for `homey.'. // FoodService Director;11/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p20
Provides information on the redecorating project at Verdugo Hills Hospital in Glendale, California in 1999 to refresh its employee-visitor cafeteria. Description of the cafeteria; Aim of the redecoration project.
- Hospital Shutters Retail Program. // FoodService Director;11/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p19
The article reports on the closing of the cafeteria at the Grand River Hospital in Kitchener, Ontario and will be replaced by a Subway and a larger Tim Hortons Inc. run by the volunteer association of the hospital.
- Scramble system speeds traffic. // FoodService Director;11/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p21
Cites the improved services at the renovate cafeteria of Jackson Madison County General Hospital in Jackson, Tennessee. Scramble system; Addition of a Heart Healthy Bar; Smoothie and capuccino machines; Panini grill; Deli section; Portable kiosk with continental breakfast items; Increased...
- Coffee klatching with cafeteria cronies. Crans, Fred W. // Healthcare Purchasing News;Mar2008, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p16
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of meeting different characters in different hospital cafeterias.