- Heads up: A smart interview can tell you much more than what is on a resume. Rovner, Louis // Nation's Restaurant News;7/16/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 29, p22
Opinion. Stresses how foodservice companies can benefit from hiring decisions based on the information gained from a thorough interview using psychological techniques. Finding the best employees from among the applicants; Passion as a factor that separates outstanding employees from their...
- Chevillard takes top post at Pebble Beach. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;9/4/2003, Vol. 192 Issue 4289, p7
Reports on the recruitment of Pierre Chevillard as head chef of Pebble Beach restaurant in Barton-on-Sea. Backround on the restaurant.
- Help wanted. Stephenson, Susie // Nation's Restaurant News;07/13/98, Vol. 32 Issue 28, OnSite p24
Offers advice for food service operators on recruiting employees. Importance of offering bonuses; Need to focus recruiting efforts; Recruit volunteers already working in the facility; Importance of paying signing bonuses.
- Looking Up: Wake-Up Calls. Schruntek, Walter J. // FoodService Director;04/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p40
States that holding onto and finding workers will be the overriding challenge and problem for the food service industry in the year 2000. Implications of unchanging labor realities; Suggestion for food automation; How to manage existing staff and operational assets.
- Outside the box. Hussain, Humayun // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;7/10/2008, Vol. 198 Issue 4535, p92
The article presents information on several issues related to the hospitality industry including outside catering, supply of vegetable and fruits, a recipe of strawberries and appointment of several people in the hospitality industry. It is stated that investing in outside catering as a sideline...
- Face-to-face interviews top employment procedure poll. // Personnel Today;12/3/2002, p51
Cites a survey conducted by the IRS Employment Review regarding effectiveness of face-to-face interviews in recruitment of employees in Great Britain. Percentage of firms in favor of face-to-face interviews; Other methods adopted for analysis of executive skills.
- Learning to read job applications like a book. // National Petroleum News;May95, Vol. 87 Issue 5, p44
Traces the low quality of employees working in a company to the inability of interviewers to ask the right questions in the interview portion of the application process. Techniques to guide an employer in the interview portion; Recommended interview questions.
- Screens could be key to unbiased interview process. // Personnel Today;4/1/2003, p3
No abstract available.
- Break the Recruiting Mold. Bredholt Jr., Roy // Advisor Today;Dec2002, Vol. 97 Issue 12, p92
Provides guidelines on the employee recruitment process. Details on developing a 'stage manage' approach during job interviews ; Purpose of giving the interviewee an assignment; Tips on framing recruitment activities.