Taking a bite of the Big Apple
- Whitson's tries HMR. // FoodService Director;07/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p28
Provides information on the manufacturing of a `healthful' line of foods earmarked for Home-Meal Replacement by Whitson's Food Service. Comments from Douglas Whitcomb, vice president of Whitson's Food Services.
- Food for thought. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);03/23/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 12, p5A
Features Garden City, New York-based food service company Whitsons Food Service Corp. Company origin; Business strategies utilized; Growth and expansion plans.
- Whitsons eats up NE accounts. Geller, Rose // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);08/04/2000, Vol. 47 Issue 31, p1A
Reports on the number of accounts added by Long Island, New York-based Whitsons Food Service since January 2000. Company's provision of dining service to schools and companies; Expansion in the Northeastern United States; Projected revenues in 2001; Similar expansion by Lake Success-based...
- Whitsons Food Service talks fresh in schools. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);12/08/2000, Vol. 47 Issue 49, p14A
Focuses on the growth of the Long Island, New York-based food service management company Whitsons Food Service Corp. due to the contracts it received from Long Island public school districts. Changes made by the company on the design of and services offered by traditional school cafeterias;...
- The Benefits of a Retreat. MacKay, Karen // Law Practice: The Business of Practicing Law;Jul/Aug2012, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p72
The article focuses on the importance of retreats for law firms to become creative, collaborative and innovative. It mentions four human drives identified by professors, Paul R. Lawrence and Nitin Nohria, in their book "Driven: How Human Nature Shapes Our Choices." It discusses the need for law...
- Una dÃ©cada de experiencia y un decÃ¡logo de aprendizajes: formaciÃ³n y outdoor training. GONZÁLEZ, RAFAEL // Capital Humano;Jun2010, Vol. 23 Issue 244, p24
No abstract available.
- Rediscovering the Passion. Klimak, Amanda // Travel Agent;3/17/2008, Vol. 332 Issue 6, p88
The article presents the company retreat of Largay Travel, a travel agency based in Waterbury, Connecticut. The program was designed to introduce Virtuoso agents to the idea of Life Planning which analyzes the past, current situation and the vision for the future. It was focused on personal and...
- Growing-up fast. Wilks, Neil // Professional Engineering;6/25/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p55
Describes the Synergy Programme wherein management trainees play the part of teachers to poor children during the course of an adventure holiday. Reports of the Bristol business group's support for the city's children of ages 7 to 11 who make the journey to the Barton's Children's Centre every...
- 7 Deadly Sins of Retreats. Tomlinson, Mary; Dreyer, John // Religious Conference Manager;Oct2004, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p84
Provides solutions to seven challenges faced by leadership retreat planners. Prioritization of objectives; Communication with participants regarding the event's topics; Employment of an experienced facilitator;Establishment of a communication plan to monitor the progress of initiatives.