Ferris State fetches big gains
- MarketCapsule: CHALLENGES IN COLLEGE CATERING. // FoodService Director;04/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p1
Reports the growth in the catering revenues of colleges and universities in the United States as of April 2000.
- Potato Power! Friedland, Ann // Food Management;Nov2002, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p40
With their distinct sense of comfort and satisfaction, potatoes maintain a powerful hold on food menu in the U.S. According to the National Potato Promotion Board, U.S. consumers annually devour over 147 pounds of potatoes in one form or another. Operators report that potatoes are still as big a...
- New Demands Drive Campus Dining Programs. Lawn, John // Food Management;Jun2003, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p8
Foodservice programs can play a key role in helping college administrations address campus community issues. College administrations are themselves finding that catering to those student demands, while necessary to keep a school "competitive," can easily undermine academic and cultural...
- Brand battles boredom. // FoodService Director;6/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p1
Discusses the success of the Chameleon concept designed by Stanford University in Stanford, California, for its Wilbur Dining. Sales performance of the university's food service after implementing the concept; Information on the menus of the Chameleon program; Reason for developing the concept.
- Modernizing in Madison. // Food Management;May2013, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p20
The article presents information on the residential dining program of the University of Wisconsin. It mentions that the old traditional cafeterias of the university have been replaced by three modern marketplace style dining halls. It mentions that the marketplace offers freshly made dishes and...
- Stock Pot. // Food Management;May2014, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p44
The article offers tips and trivia related to food services in U.S. colleges including Cornell University's Food and Brand Lab sliced fruit, the growth of millennial consumers, and the New England Classic sandwich at Boston College.
- Just Desserts. // Food Management;May2003, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p112
Scientists at the Franklin Institute in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania say that they have come upon disturbing data that shows eating junk food may not only make you fat, but may kill brain cells as well. That's not what the institute's own Ben's Garden Cafe emphasizes, though. Its visitor's menu...
- Salads Supreme. Higgins, Amy // Food Management;Mar2004, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p60
This article presents information on salads that are currently on the menu in several universities. Harvard University Dining Services recently introduced a concept in their retail operations called Global Greens. They wanted to create a kind of salad bar. Some of the offerings include a Tuscany...
- University foodservice: An overview of factors influencing the customers' dining choice. Nadzirah, S.; Ab Karim, S.; Ghazali, H.; Othman, M. // International Food Research Journal;2013, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p1459
On-campus foodservices were thought to be the first choice for university students to dine in. However, these seemingly captive consumers have been opting for off-campus foodservice as their preferred outlet. This paper aims to uncover specific factors that motivate undergraduate students to...